Monday, May 29

Updated pages, ad-sense, and swimming pool

Good morning, ladies and gentleman. I trust that today started out well and will continue to go well the rest of the day for you. At least I hope so :-) Yeah, it's gone pretty well for me too. Haven't gotten a whole lot done except feeding the chickens and ducks, and working on updating some web pages.

I update my home page, the page that shows our home that's for sale. The upgrade to that last page was just adding a link so people can see the layout of the property, plus just fine tuning a couple of other links so if they're clicked on, a person wouldn't leave the page.

Other than that, I uninstalled System Mechanic 5. The reason I did that is because for some reason it would cause the date on the computer to change without notice. The date never changed like that until I installed that program about 6 months ago (give or take). I did a search for a solution several months ago on the web to see what else could cause that. The only thing I found were suggestions to change the internal battery. I did that with a brand new one, and it still happened, as recently as this passed weekend :-( However, if it happens again, even after the uninstall, I may re-install it - haven't decided :-)

My wife and I talked about trying "Ad-sense" by Google for Ramblemansweb, but I don't know. I was just clicking through a few page on my site, and I'm not sure enough people even go to it, to make it worth having Google put ads on my pages. The thing is though, we're friggin broke and need to do something. You know, like try anything and everything to bring in some money, even a little, but I don't know if there are enough hits on my pages to make anything.

Okay, so I've just about finished with my tea, and am just about done with this. Plus I am thinking about taking a shower (told myself at bedtime last night I would take one first thing this morning, but that hasn't happened yet). It was SO hot at bedtime last night that we had a heck of a time getting to sleep. I layed there for a good half an hour just sweating and tossing and tuning, then finally got up for a little bit. Went back to bed only to wake-up in about an hour and a half just covered in sweat. Still trying to avoid putting the air-conditioner in the living room window, because Rain thinks it's supposed to start cooling off tomorrow. If we can just make it through today, then perhaps I won't need to put the A/C in till next week. We're stalling because we're trying to save money by not having it on, but I don't know how healthy it is for me (I've got MS, for those who didn't know) to go through the days that're in the high 80's-low 90's.

Anyway, I also decided last night that since we're going to be visited by some friends on Wednesday, that I would vacuum the bottom of the pool today. The water should be warm enough now that I won't feel pain while wondering around in it. I hope so anyway. The kids having been swimming a lot the last couple of weeks, so it can't be THAT cold, can it? :-)

Rambleman

Buzznet : ,

No comments: