Monday, July 3

No email, didn't quit smoking, Wal-Mart shopping, road work, title to subect in LJ

I suppose all my friends and e-friends are either preparing for, or having Independence Day BBQ's or parties, and THAT is why they're not writing and then sending email to the lists I'm on with them. Makes me feel like a friendless, boring kind of guy. Well, everyone I know who I could invite here for a BBQ lives 45 minutes to 2 hours from here. The one I know who is only 45 minutes from here is not home anyway, her and her family are spending this week camping out of town. The 2 families I know who are 2 hours from here can't afford to get here because of the stupid high gas prices. We can't afford to go see them either, because of the same reason.

I had every intention of quitting smoking today. That was until we were shopping at the Wal-Mart Supercenter with hordes of people getting on my nerves. I swear, every time I stopped to look at something, there was someone standing right behind me as if I were in the way. I could feel them thinking, "Get the hell out of the way!" I was just nerve wracking! We went shopping for a few "necessities" on Sunday morning. That was NOT stressful, because most people were either at church or home, leaving the store clear for us to shop at our leisure. If our payday would've been last Friday, we would've done our main shopping on Sunday, but payday wasn't until today. *sigh*

A man from the road crew working on doing the chip n' seal on the road out from here, came by a little while ago to tell me that on Thursday they'd be putting oil on, and then the chips to seal it. He just wanted to tell us that if we had anywhere to go on Thursday, that we should do it early. Not a problem - I think we're going to be home until at LEAST Friday anyway.

As you know, because I've mentioned it, Qumana's "title" doesn't transfer to LiveJournal. It just posts the body of the entry and leaves the subject at LJ blank. Well, I tested one way to get a title from Qumana to LJ, by putting <title>Subject line</title> in the 'source view' part. I haven't tried it with text, other than my name, in the body, but I don't see why it wouldn't work, at least until Qumana can edit/update the code in the program. If you go to my LJ site and see a subject, then you'll know it worked.

Rambleman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Todders. Thanks for looking at my schedule. I know y'all unschool and in a perfect world, that's what we would do. Unfortunately, Sweden is far from perfect -- and I have to chose my battles. Besides, if I have to have a schedule, it might as well be a good one, right? :-D