Tuesday, February 27

Doctor apptmnt. Shopping. DSL. Qumana

If you remember, I mentioned a few entries ago that I had an appointment with the doctor. I told my e-group how that went, but I neglected to tell my blog friends. Sorry about that, you four. *smile* There might be more than that, but not that I'm aware of.

Anyway, I needed to talk to the doctor about changing one medication completely, and changing another so the capsules would have a different amount (changing from two 1.5 mg capsules to one 3.0 mg one). Plus I wanted to see if he could prescribe something for my lack of energy. Unfortunately he didn't prescribe anything for my back pain (and I didn't think to push it). Probably because it's not constant, it's only when I bend over a few times too many or lift something heavy, or do a lot of walking. Looks like Ibuprofen is going to be my painkiller of choice. I was happily surprised that he was perfectly okay with prescribing a different antidepressant (unlike my ex local dr.), upping the dosage to put in the capsules of the other med, and prescribing something to help give me more energy. So, all in all it was a good visit and got everything accomplished that I hoped to. I see him again in six months for a check-up.

Now that that is out of the way, I'll move on to more current stuff. There was a scheduled homeschool meeting today with our local group, but we didn't attend because we *needed* to do some shopping for the chickens/ducks and ourselves, and the food was in two different cities. By the way, if you live in or close to Buffalo Missouri, there's an an e-group. Got that done. While in the store where we buy most of our groceries, we got a few semi-needed things, like a pair of pants for the kids and I and a skirt for Rain. We also got me a ball to squeeze to help keep my hands a little more limber and possibly help then gain a little strength. Getting all of that done took from 10 this morning until 3 this afternoon, but we shouldn't *need* to go to the store until payday, which is only a few days away.

I've been obsessed with getting a high speed Internet connection again because it seems like everyone that I know has one except me. *sigh* Especially since I read the other day that SBC sometimes uses something that extends the distance from the DSL connection point from 3 miles to 5.5 miles, and I can't find the sight I was on :-( I did find other sites that say that telcos can get DSL further out by just putting "repeaters" on the lines. Canada does it up to *10* miles from the connection point. I also read that it's not a technology thing (the distance), it's a political / phone company thing. *sigh* Okay, my pity party is over and I've spent WAY too long making this entry (over an hour and a half). Bye.

P.s. Qumana has updated their software to work on the new Blogger, and also fixed it so there's a 'subject/title' once you upload to Livejournal.

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things worked out with your local doctor, and I am really sorry about your DSL situation. I know what a pain in the rear it is to be not have it.

lovelife said...

happy 4 you that stuff is better with this DR.
Not sure what we would do with out our DSL. we are hooked on it.
Well have a good rest of the week.
Karen