Friday, February 15

Pillow dog, valentine's date, laundry and wood

Click to enlarge
This is our lazy frikkin' dog, also known as a 'couch potato, laying on a human's pillow someone left on the floor. Kind of looks like she might just be resting after a hard work-out on that exercise bike, huh?

Yesterday, that'd be Valentine's Day, was a great day. Me and my wife went on a date with just her and I (kids stayed home) for the first time in about 14 years. It wasn't like the kids were not on our minds though, as we got some take-home food to bring home afterward. Actually, that was planned before we went on the date. The rest of the date was completed at home after we had relaxed for a while.

I had hung out a load of laundry on the line before we left. I was kind of hoping our 15 y.o DD would bring it it before we got home - but no dice. She did bring it in later, after I asked her to. We parents were busy splitting some apple-wood we had drying in the wood-shed for a year, so we needed help getting stuff done (like the laundry). We do need to cut some bigger branches into firewood, that I brought to the wood-shed to dry a couple of days ago. Since yesterday was forecast to be in the 50's, we figured they would dry a lot then. Plus I had put a couple of the branches in the 2 days before, and had added a couple more two days ago. I looked at said drying wood yesterday afternoon, and it looks a lot dryer than it was (it did have ice on it). Now all that's left to do it cut it up, split the bigger pieces, and bring in the dryer ones.

Today I've already gotten a load of clothes washed and hung outside, burned the kitchen and bathroom trash, the trash box contents from the smoking house, and the ash tray contents from the van. I've also eaten, read email, read a couple of web pages, made a phone call to my neuro to get a prescription written and sent to me (previous one ran out of refills). The rest of the day will be 'the usual' suspected activity.

Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: