Saturday, February 7

[Update: 6-2-09] Our first homegrown, Missouri Pineapple flower

Not sure how long she's been waiting for her Pineapple plants to produce *anything*, but I believe it's been at least 2 years, if not longer. Anyway, the other day I was looking out the window and just *happened* to look down and notice something sticking out of the sprout area... YEP! I think we're going to get a fresh, Missouri grown Pineapple this year. I LOVE Pineapples! :-)
===


2-7-09

3-19-09


Jun 09

6-2-09

As always, clicking on a picture makes it grow :-)
==================

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Lee said...

OK now I totally didn't know you could do this! Very very cool!

lovelife said...

O I have seen those plants at lowes and wanted to get one but was not sure it would grow in mo. How do you keep it alive. i might get one if you tell me how you all do it.
thank you

Todd said...

We just kept it in full sun as much as possible and watered it from time to time. Ours started from a pineapple that we bought in the produce area of the grocery store. Once at home the top was cut of and stuck in some potting soil. I found out we've had it for four years and this is the first time it's done anything but grow bigger spines/leaves. *grin*

Todd said...

Thanks for letting me know you've enjoyed what you've read so far. It's always nice to hear when someone new takes a peek :-)