Friday, November 10

Impeachment. FEMA. My back and cold. Trash burning

I was just reading an article about Nancy Pelosi. Apparently she isn't liked by most republicans because she is, "A mother of five and a grandmother who first ran for Congress two decades ago, Mrs Pelosi is in favour of gay marriage, tough gun control and backs abortion rights without qualification.". I don't know about you, but I think those are GOOD things (well, except the gun control). Although she says that, "impeachment is off the table", maybe we can hope that "John Conyers of Michigan who is positioned to become chair of the House Judiciary Committee", can keep impeachment from becoming just another campaign promise. All that being said, I imagine that not much is going to change, at least not radically, anytime soon. For instance, there are STILL a lot of people who live (or lived) in New Orleans who still don't have homes to go to because their have had all the doors boarded-up. Plus there are many houses that haven't been rebuilt, or even cleared away because they're "totaled". Then there's the fact that some people like Kalimir who got grants from FEMA, and have been asked to repay the money within 30 days. That just seems wrong! Will the Dems fix that situation?

Yes, my back is doing better now that I've been resting it since we got home Tuesday evening. Although, we had to drive into town a few times, and the driving really bothers it, I should be okay with moving a few things out of grandma's house tomorrow. We'll see though, because it's an hour and a half drive, so my back will no doubt be a little tense by the time we get there. But, we've arranged for a friend and hopefully his son, to help. They're bring a cattle trailer to put the stuff in, which isn't as much as we thought there would be, because MIL told the person who's doing the estate sale that he could sell the things that my wife said she wanted (like the china hutch). *angry sigh*

Well, I've got a full-blown cold now. My heads is stuffy and I slept like crap last night/this morning. Luckily, I don't have "the cough", but I can feel it coming, I'm sure. I've been taking nasal decongestant every four hours or so, and have managed to blow some of the snot out. Eww! *smile*

Sick or not, I still need to take the trash out and burn it in the burn-barrel this afternoon. Plus I may clean up the debris around the lagoon, primarily I would like to get the fence that was around it, rolled-up and put away. There are many tall weeds that we pulled down, that need to be put in the brush pile. May have to wait on the trash burning though. My son just came in and said it was raining. Hopefully it will give us a break for a little while at some point.

Tags: , b, , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

what a change we are going to have in the next year. gays need to be able to be married and a lady needs to get an abortion if she wishes one. we need our troops home soon.
cool that your back is doing better.
have a fun time this weekend.
BB
Karen