Wednesday, September 27

Buffalo Homeschool Group Park Day

I got up an hour earlier than usual this morning so that I could eat breakfast, so that we could get to the park in Buffalo, MO to meet with other homeschooling families. We had a really good time talking to the two parents that brought their kids, while the kids played basketball, Frisbee, painted pictures, swung, spun, bicycled, and played on the jungle-gym and another thing with bars. My boy was very happy to get to talk to another young man who loves video games like he does. *big smile* It was nice getting to know both A and F - they're both *really* cool and nice, and their kids are just adorable and well behaved. *smile* I think both Rain and I had a good enough time to make Wednesdays a regular park day, whether it's at the park when the weather is nice, or if it's somewhere indoors if it's cold. Although I'm sure the older kids would say that no weather is too cold when you're playing in it. *grin* I know that's what ours would say anyway. I tend to disagree though. *smile* While we were there, there was a maintenance crew preparing the playground for a new slide. So, the next time we go there, the kids will have yet another thing to play on with each other. Awesome! :-)

After the park we stopped by the grocery store for a couple of things, then we came home. Once home, a certain boy started playing the video game he's been immersed in, this wife that I've known for a while checked for email and played a computer game, and my daughter and I talked about all the fun we had at the park.

Eventually I checked how much gas was left in the mower (half tank), and went out and mowed for about an hour. Got most of the field done, the one I didn't get done the other day. I think I'm pretty much done mowing for this year. YAY! I even saw a pretty big turtle while I was mowing. Not sure if it was a snapper of not, but I think it might've been. Had I been paying attention, I would've seen where it went, and taken a picture after I got done mowing, but I didn't. Sorry :-(

So how was *your* day? :-)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , Tags: , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

Hi it's cool that you have a homeschool group close to you all. Hope more people find out about it in your area.
Have a cool week.