Sunday, February 18

TN and Coffee



2/18/2018 12:16 PM

So, here I am in the early afternoon, writing in my journal, and I haven’t even had my first sip of coffee. Granted, it’s decaff anyway, so it’s not like it has any real kick to it, which is just as well for a couple of reasons. 1) For some people with Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN), caffeine may either make the pain worse, or cause it to happen in the first place (a flare), and 2) Caffeine has never really been an energy booster for me. I feel it’s more of a psychological thing for me, even though I admittedly do like it (with sweetener and/or creamer). There was a point several years ago that I wanted to cut down or eliminate sugar, and that just happened to coincide with a good friend turning me onto flavored creamers. I find that if I put creamer in my coffee, then I don’t need sugar, and vice versa. For some reason, I just do not like black only coffee.

For anyone wondering how my TN has been since the doctor prescribed a new medicine for me to take once a day (Vimpat), that and going back to the 100MG capsules 3 times a day, vs. the 200MG capsules only 2 times a day, the results have been like night and day. So much so, that like I just told a friend, I haven’t had to hold me head in my hands and yell cuss words (specifically the F word, since Thursday.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I"m so glad you blogged Todd! FB is a good connection but I still love blogs!

Todd said...

That's good. I just started journaling again, so you may be seeing more blogging by me :-)