Wednesday, January 2

Removal: Hopefully NEXT Wednesday

I say hopefully because I'm still waiting for a nurse or doctor from the clinic to call me back to tell me when exactly I can go in to have the Foley Catheter removed. Talked to the case manager at the hospital not long ago, on the phone, and she told me that if I could get in next Wed. that I'm doing well, because that clinic only has ONE doctor AND they're very, very busy. Not only that, the doctor is only there on Wednesday MORNINGS only. So I asked to be sure it is okay to have/wear the catheter another week since I've already been wearing it since last Wednesday and was told it was. Meanwhile, I am taking the anti-swell medicine and echinacea capsules to ward off any wanna be infection. But still, I'm not a happy camper. I was really hoping today was the last day with it. Oh well. Life sucks, then you die.

http://ramblemans.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Lee said...

Wish it was better news Todd.

Todd said...

It's okay. I'm good.

Todd said...

There's is another reason not to be so negative about when I'll be done with it, ans that is a remembrance that I have an appointment to see my PCP on Friday of this week. I'll just ask her if she can remove it.

Caz said...

UGH, that's utter bullshit Todd. ANY nurse can remove a foley catheter, it's the most non complicated thing EVER. Hell, I'd imagine a nurse put it IN to begin with. Every day it's left in place makes it more likely that you will contract a UTI and that is not acceptable. :( It's been 10years, but *I* could remove the thing... obviously being on a different continent makes that unlikely though lol.

Todd said...

I don't have a syringe to suck the liquid out of the balloon, else I would remove it myself. But since I have a doctor to visit on Friday there's no worries. I'll be fine.

They are not aware said...

The main question is if the prostate swelling is down?
But you are right on in hitting up your PCP to take it out. A wait like that is absurd.

Todd said...

I wonder if 'they' can use an ultrasound machine to check on the swelling, or if they just used that to check for the amount I was unable to get rid of before getting to the hospital. I think I'll google that, now that I think about it.