Wednesday, February 21

Waking-up-fun




2/21/2018 11:31 AM
I guess that I did sleep ok for a while, but the last few hours in bed were not the greatest. I was having trouble getting warm, my left leg kept having spasms, and I was getting intermittent buzzing sensations in the left side of my face. Thankfully it wasn’t the painful sensations like I was getting last week in my cheek. About the last hour of my bed rest, I began lying on my left side. I was able to get warmer, my left leg stopped having spasms (though it started tingling), but unfortunately the buzzing on that side of my face wouldn’t go away for more that 5 minutes at a time, so I wasn’t able to get back to sleep. I am not up (obviously), am drinking a cup of decaf coffee, and took the first of 2 Vimpat tablets to hopefully completely stop the TN buzzing. I was supposed to only take 1 a day for 2 weeks before going to 2 a day, but I am starting 2 a day early because I can, for lack of better reasoning, well, and the waking-up buzzing wasn’t pleasant. Vimpat was originally used as an anti epilepsy medication, but apparently is also used to help treat Trigeminal Neuralgia.

In about 5 minutes it will be time to take the rest of my daily medications. That reminds me, I want to update my list of medicines, dosages of them, as well as the reasons I am taking them, to take with me to doctor appointments. I have taken my meds. 

I keep trying to put Oragel in the back corner of my mouth, but for some reason it’s not helping. I’m wondering if I need to try it with a different main ingredient(s), or perhaps just not the store brand (Mouth Sore Gel). The active ingredients are Benzalkonium Chloride (0.02 %), Benzocaine (20%), Zinc Chloride (0.1%)

No comments: