Tuesday, April 29

Covered wagons and American Idol

Good morning. As you may have noticed, I haven't written in me blog since the 25th of April. That matters not I suppose. But hey, I needed to start today's somehow, don't ya think? Last week while I was outside, can't remember why exactly, I saw a wagon being pulled by horses coming up the road, so I took a few pictures as they passed, which you can see below. You can see them even better if you click on them to enlarge them to their original sizes which are 640X480.

Other than the above, not really much happening in our world, as usual. On the other hand, we have been getting all of our chores done... for the most part. I sure will be glad when it's really Spring, as opposed to pseudo Spring with the sun shining, but a cool breeze blowing, and often times (at least over the last weekend) cloudy. When it's cloudy like it isn't today, clothes on the line take what seems like forever to dry. Speaking of which, I hung a whole bunch (pretty much every one we have) of towels on the line yesterday, in the wind, and let me tell you, it was pretty difficult. I did get them hung though, and today I will bring them in. The reason I didn't get them in yesterday is because it was late in the afternoon. But they should be dry now, and if not, they will be soon. Then there's only one more load to wash, and that would be our DD's clothes which are in her basket in her room.

So, who's been watching America Idol this year? We have, and we're not impressed so far. I liked the last two that've been voted off. Obviously the speed dialers disagree though. The only one I think has a truly good voice is David Archuleta, but the people who pick his wardrobe need to work with him more and make him look more professional. Anyway, if you have indeed been watching television, you've probably heard Fox exclaim, "The best show ever!" I whole heartedly disagree. I guess I just can't seem to get passed how good Clay Akin and Carrie Underwood were, and compare all others to them. Consequently, no one has measured-up, in my opinion.

Technorati : , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been giggling like a school-girl if I would have seen that wagon! You are so lucky to have a digital camera! I probably would have embarrassed myself and everyone else by running to the road and trying to talk to them (scary picture! LOL).

So, have you ever left your clothes hanging so long that they get bleached by the sun? I had to take down our line because my dog thought our clothes were toys (thank goodness he did not think they were chew toys).

Today is warm, windy, and I have to mow. We had high 80's day before yesterday, don't know what it is now but it's supposed to get down to the 60's and rain tomorrow. OH! And I'm trying to make orange-lemon marmalade...we'll see. Instead of doing it on the stove, it's been in the crock pot all night and still soup-like. I don't have a large enough pot to do it on the stove (my stock pot has lemon wine going in it).

I don't watch American Idol, so I can't comment.

Todd said...

"So, have you ever left your clothes hanging so long that they get bleached by the sun?"

No, haven't done that yet. We have been turning the clothes (except jeans) inside out so the sun doesn't fade the colors very much though.

lovelife said...

liked the pic.
As for AI this year i have not watched it much due to not likeing most of the singers but guess I need to watch it due to it being allmost over this year.