Saturday, May 17

New bedroom, new pool table, swimming pool, skin cancer

Well, I was going to make me and my son some breakfast after I got back in the house after smoking a cigarette outside. HOWEVER, when I came back in he was asleep. Guess I've been let off the hook this time. I am kind of hungry, but then again I do have more coffee in the pot to consume, so I think I'll wait until that's gone before cooking anything. Speaking of smoking... we have begun cleaning and decluttering what used to be our smoking house because it's going to be our 15 year-old daughter's bedroom as soon as it has had some spackle applied to an old (as in before we moved here) damaged spot on one wall, caulked where needed, and repainted in her choice of colors (purple and red?). Yesterday she spent all afternoon cleaning the windows and window frames. Then we have to figure-out what to do with the old, crappy loveseat/sofa that's in there. Will offer it on Freecycle, but in all honesty I don't think it's really worth much even to people who're desperate for furniture. We also have another loveseat that's in better condition, sitting on the porch that we're considering taking to the free store in Lebanon, MO the next time we're headed that way. Once she is moved-in to her new bedroom, her old bedroom in going to become the pool hall. Friends of ours are going to be giving us a pool table when we're ready for it. That is going to be great fun.

In other news, I went to the Dr. on Wednesday of this week to have a spot on the side of my head by my ear that I've had for over a year, looked at. I thought that it was an ingrown hair, but according to the Dr. it's a non-cancerous (usually) type of skin cancer that can be removed with minor surgery. I'll be going back to the other doctor in the office to see if he can remove it. If not, then I'll have to make an appointment with a dermatologist in Springfield, MO. The doctor I saw on Wednesday wanted to set-up an appointment in Springfield, but we told her we couldn't afford to buy enough gas for the van to get us there. That's when she suggested the other doctor may be able to do it. We shall see. As for right now, I'm dabbing apple cider vinegar on it a few times a day hoping to get rid of it before the appointment in a couple of weeks.

Yet more news... I got the pool started a few days ago. I put two bottles of bleach and 2 bottles of vinegar in the water and turned the filter-pump on. Have ran it only a couple times since because prior to the day before yesterday, yesterday, and today, it's been cloudy, overcast and raining. That means the water hasn't been warming-up very much so there won't be any swimming for a while yet. Besides, the bottom is going to need de-leafed and vacuumed to get the dead bugs and other gunk off the bottom first. Which of course is done by me, and I'm not going to do it until that water warms up much more than it has so far.

Technorati : , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's the progress going on the "smoking house"? It looks so cozy. I bet your daughter will love it!

Todd said...

It's getting there. DD cleaned the windows (2), then painted the inside window framing and the outside of them. She also painted the trim around the door inside & out. Now she needs to finish a little bit of the baseboard, then paint the walls with a layer of primer (is really light purple-ish). After we get the stimulus package money we'll buy her the dark purple she wants to paint the walls and possibly the ceiling.