Friday, May 9

This, that, and the other things

What I obviously haven't been doing is writing in my blogs. Just don't really see the point. What I have to say isn't new because nothing has changed. I heard from my sister yesterday and that was cool. She wants a current picture with both of our kids in it so she can finish a picture collage for our mother for mother's day. Just waiting for both kids to be up at the same time so I can take one. They're both asleep right now, although I heard our dog stirring, so she might be coming out of the bedroom. Then again, maybe not, as I didn't hear the door open or close.

It's been raining off and on, mostly on, for the last 3 days. That means that the kitchen and bathroom trashes haven't been taken out to the trash barrel and burned, even though they both really need to go out. I suppose I could just take them out and put them in the barrel and put the makeshift lid back on and wait until the rain clouds go away, or at least to stop threatening us.

Yesterday we met with some other home schoolers at the bowling alley. Had a good time. I finally found a ball that wasn't too heavy that I could get down the lane at a good pace. Unfortunately, I can't aim. I was thinking I would have a good game because my first turn I got a strike, but that was apparently just luck, as I only did it a couple more times in the 10 frame game. I even bowled several gutter balls, which isn't surprising. I guess bowling every couple of months with no practice in between doesn't have a positive affect on my game. After the bowling alley, we stopped at McD's and got 4 double cheeseburger meals for under 13 dollars. After that we went to Woods and got lottery tickets and a package of flour tortilla shells. Then it was on to Meeks to buy a toilet-tank flapper because ours broke late Wednesday night. After that it was on to our friends house where we spent a few hours talking. They have a pool table and I played one game with my son, friend's son and daughter and didn't win, but I didn't lose either.

Later in the evening we watched Survivor. Was a pretty good show I guess. It was funny watching yet another guy get blindsided and voted out. What don't people understand about not ever giving up am immunity necklace?! Well, it's now 4 women that're left and only two of them will win in Sunday. I have no idea who that'll be, but we definitely plan on watching the last show and reunion on Sunday evening. Should be interesting.

My wife is stressing about her/our court date that's coming up on Monday the 12th of May. We really don't know what to expect, but are pretty sure they can't get money out of someone who doesn't have any. Guess we'll find out.

Although the NBA playoffs won't be over by the 21st of this month, we're still going to cancel our satellite television subscription with Dish Network. I will find out who wins the championship on-line. I might even be able to find highlights of the games I miss, so I'm okay with not having satellite tv after this month.

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did court go?

Todd said...

It went pretty much as we expected. Rain went up to the judge with the C.O. lawyer and told them she did owe them what they said, but have no money to pay them on her small portion each month for being the spouse of me on SSD. The attorney asked if we could mail her/them copies of the SSD paperwork, Rain said yes, and we did that right after getting home. Haven't heard from them since.