Wednesday, September 12

Last few days

A couple of days ago I braved the post-rain pool water to do a final vacuuming of the bottom, and then added some bleach and vinegar. It had been a few days since we had turned the pump on to filter the water, so there was quite a bit of algae beginning to grow on the bottom, turning it greenish. It was slick too, I found out once I was in pushing the vacuum around (Ew!) But I did get it done and now we're going to be shutting the pool down for the year because it's now cooling-off at night and the water will steadily get much colder. Although while I was in there, the water was still pretty comfortable. It had only been dipping down to the 60's (F) at night, but the days were pretty sunny and in the low 80's (F). Lately it's been dropping to the  50's, so it's time to close the pool for the year. I did notice today though that there's a pile of dead algae (I hope it is anyway) in the middle again, but that'll wait till next year to be vacuumed out. Besides, I broke the part of the vacuum that connect to the pole used to push it around the bottom.

Today we went to the park and visited with a couple of parents and their kids. Our DS played, but our DD sat on the picnic tables and talked with we adults because she a few years older than the other kids. Besides, our son is the one who plays with the other/younger kids anyway. But it was a fun time at the park. Not too hot, not too cool, just right when sitting in the sun.

After that we went to pick-up a couple of my prescriptions that I had called in this morning, but only one was ready. The other one needed the doctor to authorize more refills and he hadn't gotten a hold of the pharmacy by then. Which is okay, because I won't be completely out until next Monday. While at the store we got a couple medium bags of dark chocolate peanut M&Ms, a quart of milk, some pop-tarts that my wife had a craving for, a newspaper, and a couple of hope tickets. Then swung by McD's for an inexpensive lunch. And now we're home! :)

Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: