Sunday, September 2

Being sick. Moon picture

MoonShelf.JPG

I took this picture because it just proves that cats will lay anywhere they want, even if something is already where they want to be. This is the Queen Lady of the house - Moon.

The last several days (since Tues) I haven't felt well because I came down with a summer cold. It all started when I woke-up one morning with a scratchy throat, which of course I had hoped was just because I didn't drink enough water the day before. But when it happened again, and then the third morning it was obvious it was a cold because my head was totally stuffed-up and my lips were really dry because I apparently slept most of the night with breathing only through my mouth. Starting that day (Thurs.) I started mega-dosing on vitamin C and garlic capsules. Don't know if that really helped, because I knew it was one of those short-lived ones since my daughter had it the week before and it only lasted a few days (for the most part). Anyway, yesterday while a friend and her kids were here I was only at about 75% - not bad enough to cancel the visit, but not good enough to be a heck of a lot of sociable - but I tried. *smile* Had a good time visiting though, and the kids had a really good time. They jumped on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath it, and they swam for over an hour after that. Today I awoke actually feeling about 95% - not bad at all. Wish it would've happened a day earlier, but what can you do? :-)

Didn't do a lot today. It was my first day of the week getting up at 7 a.m. I managed to get up by 7:20. *grin* Was going to lay back down after feeding the chickens, but I made the mistake of coming to the computer for "just a minute" and got trapped for a few hours. LOL. I did manage to get a nap taken between 12:40 and 2 p.m. though. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more productive.

Technorati : , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that! Right now, I have had two hours sleep but as soon as I booted up the computer I was wide awake! LOL! I hope you feel much better, Todd.