Friday, August 31

Windows Update error 0x80070020, Meal splurge, monthly shopping

I had been unable to get any Microsoft Updates for a few months, nor was I getting any automatic updates. Had NO idea what was causing the error message to come-up every time I tried. It was an error message right after I went to the update page and a page showed-up saying I needed to update after it checked for the latest update software. And now I just cannot remember what the error number was - possibly 0x80070020. I knew I should've written it down. *sigh* Anyway, I went into the knowledge base and found the answer, and that was to exit Spybot SD Resident Spybot_SD_Resident.jpg and try again. And it worked! When you restart your computer the SD Resident should automatically be turned back on. I also just found out that once you get the updates downloaded and installed, that you don't have to disable the SD Resident anymore. YAY!

Today has been a pretty productive and satisfying day so far. We were paid today, so we went to Lebanon, MO and did our beginning of the month shopping, after we went to the cigarette store and spent more than we should've (bought a month's worth this time), went and filled-up the van's gas tank ($60), stopped at yet another store and got our hope tickets, then did our "payday meal splurge" at Steak & Shake. Last time we were in Lebanon we had noticed it and realized it was new. So today we went there for lunch, and it was de-lish-e-ish! After that we went to the WM Supercenter and dropped-off our van for an oil change (hadn't been done since we bought it 2 years ago. LOL), and while that was being done went into the store and got a months worth of every essential we could afford (cat food, dog food, etc). So now we are good to go for this month. YAY! Even got some more white vinegar and bleach for the pool, which I've already added. Hopefully (probably?) we will be shutting it down before we need to add any more. For now though, the pool is pretty clean and ready for any swimmers who want to dive in (except there's 'no diving' because it's not that deep. *grin*)

Other things that I got done once we were home: Water some plants, cleaned the litter boxes, and ran the dishwasher. The rest of the weekend should be a nice and relaxing one.

Technorati : , , ,

No comments: