Friday, March 14

Lap cat. Bowling. Ron Paul meeting.

I have been trying for about 20 minutes to get comfortable enough with a cat on my lap wanting to rest her head on my arms, to write. Been up and down, putting the cat on the floor each time, only to have her jump up on my lap immediately after I return to the computer. *sigh* But hey, at least I'm loved. LOL.

Anyway, not up to much today. But yesterday we, as a family, went to the local bowling alley with a bunch of other homeschoolers who we've never met. Well, there was one family we knew, but the rest were unknowns to us. I sucked at bowling! Apparently I no longer have consistent strength in my bowling hand/arm, cuz I couldn't get that ball to go down the middle of the lane for my life. I even tried using the other side (my left), and bowled even worse because I have less strength in that hand/arm even though I am primarily left handed (except for shooting basketball, bowling, and throwing things). My wife, daughter (15) and son (12) all scored higher than I did, but that's okay, I did outscore the other 12 year old. LOL. After that we stopped and had lunch at McDonald's, then the grocery store and home. Pretty exciting day, huh *grin*

Yesterday my wife got an email telling us that there is a Ron Paul republic caucus meeting in Buffalo, Missouri tomorrow morning between 9:30 and noon, on the court house square downtown. When we talked about it that day, I decided that I probably wouldn't go. I'm still not sure if I can really do anything because we can't afford the gas to drive around a whole lot if, for example, I needed to put up/out Ron Paul 2008 fliers. However, our best friend called me this morning to ask if I'd be going. I thought, "Why not? Could be fun, plus I'd feel like I was contributing by doing more than sending emails and signing on-line petitions, so I said, "Yes". She offered to pick us/me up and go with me/us if we needed a ride. So that's my latest news, I'm going to my first ever political meeting of any type. Somehow managed to avoid going to any for 43 years, but the 2008 Presidential election is critical for the survival of "democracy" (although I'd prefer to return the country back to being a true REPUBLIC) in the U.S.

No comments: