Thursday, March 27

Drigger and stuff

Meet Drigger... again. The pillow she's laying on is normally on a sofa, but my DD had used it in the bathroom when my wife was helping her dye her hair purple. I brought it out of the bathroom and put it on the dishwasher just to get it out of there, but it seems to be serving a better purpose now that Drigger has found it. *smile*

No doubt you've noticed that I haven't been blogging much lately, and that's mainly because *I* don't think my life is all that noteworthy. Others have, in my opinion, much more interesting lives, so I've been reading their stuff. That mostly includes email, but also blogs and Gather articles. I've been reading blogs by May, Christina, and Sunkitty mostly. You should check them ALL out, as they've posted some important things. Other that, I've been having a really hard time staying upbeat, which means not much is really very interesting, but I don't want other's to think that I just ignore them when I'm feeling down. Know what I mean?

What else haven't I told the world? For one, we as a family have decided that when we move we'll be looking for a place in a small town, as opposed to living in the boonies of 'the country' (i.e. rural). Tired of having to drive for a minimum of 25 minutes just to get to a grocery store or restaurant. Plus our kids are getting older and need to be around more people their age, especially our 15 year old daughter. My wife and I feel that as we get older we want friends, shopping and neighbors to be closer. It wasn't too bad when our car was working because it got much better gas mileage than the van (30 mpg vs. 14 mpg), and especially now that gas prices are so high and climbing. We just can't really afford to go "out" as much as we'd like. IF our neighbors where we are were more sociable it'd probably be okay, but they're too much like us in that they're home bodies and very self sufficient, besides our kids are the oldest ones around here, as far as we know since we like NEVER see any kids outside.

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Thank you Rambleman for posthing those people's blogs. I'll have to give them a looksee:)

Anonymous said...

I understand your desire to live closer to town, especially with fuel prices now. We no longer go visit my in-laws because of fuel prices.