Saturday, June 14

Beautiful day, sleep-over, tall grass perspective

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, although we are in a "flash flood warning" until 2 p.m. this afternoon. I imagine it's because we've gotten so much rain the last few days & weeks that the ground is saturated with moisture. I mean, gosh, it rained ALL DAY yesterday. Like I said though, today it's sunny, cloudless and warm. I have even turned the pool-pump on so that the water can recirculate and the filter can get all the surface bugs and pollen (may not be a lot of pollen since the rain and that may be keeping the pollen on the trees and grass and whatnot) at a minimum for the pool. Granted, we haven't had enough days of sunshine in a row to heat the water up, so I seriously doubt anyone will be swimming in it today. My DD did throw some soda bottles filled with colored water for easier underwater spotting a couple of days ago. Since the water is cold though, she had a hard time staying in/under it long enough to find the said bottles. Actually, she didn't find them and thinks they're in the middle of the pool where all the dead bugs and other crap has sunk and built-up. I seriously doubt the "stuff" is THAT deep. I just think the water was too cold for her. *grin* But she's a teen, she shouldn't get cold, right? he-he-he :-)

I could take the bathroom and kitchen trashes out and burn them in the burn barrel. I've already cleaned the cats' 6 litter boxes (only one had poopies in it, and once uncovered, stank). Yes, that is a "kid chore" that both kids are supposed to keep-up with during the week, but only one does. Unfortunately for we parents, only one kid (15 year-old) helps, but that's only in the evening *right* before bed (either just before or after the dishes are done *sigh*). I usually do it in the morning because our 12 year old son is asleep a long portion of the morning because he's a night owl and doesn't usually get to sleep until the wee hours of the mornings, and therefore is asleep during the 'chore hours' (pre noon) most days. Although the last couple of days he has been asleep when I've gotten up at 7 a.m. and NOT sleeping until after noon, which means (I hope) that he wasn't up all night. Due to the yet unscheduled pending sleep-over of my DD's friend, he doesn't want to sleep all day while she's here. Although the friend that's going to be staying here is my DD's friend, my DS is 12 and has started showing interest in girls, he would like to be awake at least some of the time she's here. *grin*

You need to enlarge this (by clicking on it) to see the perspective on how tall the grass was before I mowed it. Click here to see the 'before' picture.

Technorati : , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , ,
Flickr : , , , ,

3 comments:

lovelife said...

by the looks of the pic you have been a busy man.
Storm has been busy in his garden but will now just have time in it to work on weekends due to being called out of state fr work the next 6 months which sucks. But at least I will have him home on the weekends.

I hope the sleep over is fun for the kids.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You did mow, didn't you? That's great you had the paint already. I bet she can't wait to get that room finished!

Todd said...

"You did mow, didn't you?"

Yes ma'am I did, and there's more that needs to be done if it ever stops raining and dries out a little, not to mention needing another 20 dollars of gas. *sigh*

"I bet she can't wait to get that room finished!"

Yeah, can't get her to actually work on it by herself, so it probably won't get completely finished until her friend comes over, and we still don't know when that'll be.