Sunday, July 6

Accomplishments yesterday and today

Been pretty busy so far this morning. Yes, it's once again my week to get up at 7 a.m. with my daughter. I didn't get out of bed until 15 after 7, but I got up and that's what's important. LOL. Anyway, Dear Daughter and I went for a 15 minute walk after we let the chickens out of their coop and broody pen. Rain and I decided it would be good for us and the kids to get more exercise and walks are good for that, especially in the morning before the temp and humidity start to rise. Dear son doesn't get to bed until well after midnight most mornings, and the last several he has been asleep at "walk time". We told him he needs exercise and since he's missing the walks, he has to ride the stationary bike for at least 30 minutes every day/afternoon/evening.

Other things accomplished:

  • Cleaned 6 litter boxes, but only one of them had poopies in it. YAY!
  • Took the bathroom, kitchen, and computer desk trashes out and burned them in the burn barrel.
  • Added a gallon of white vinegar to the swimming pool.
  • Made a pot of coffee and am now drinking the last cup of that pot. Yesterday I drank two pots just because I felt like it. Won't be doing that today.
  • Added dishwashing detergent to the dishwasher and started it.

I finally got in the pool yesterday. It was/felt really cold at first. After I went in up to my waist, I got out again (to pee). When I went back in, the water was warm enough. Not "summer warm", but barrable bearable. Tried scooping the leaves off/out of the bottom where leaves and other gunk had accumulated, but that proved to be a big hassle. Hence why I decided it would just be easier to use the vacuum. Unfortunately the part that attaches to the pole was/is broken, so I had to figure-out a way to attach it, which I did with duct tape and a scrubber. I didn't get the pool super-vacuumed, but it does look better. After that I added more water and a gallon of bleach to clean-up the debris I stirred-up.

===============================

Technorati : , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Fairie Mom said...

DUCT TAPE :) my hubby's favorite fix all!!! I must ask about the vinegar in the pool...it that instead of chlorine?

Todd said...

"vinegar in the pool...it that instead of chlorine?"

No. Bleach is the chlorine. The vinegar helps keep the algae from getting bad too fast. I add a bottle of bleach one day, and the next I add a bottle of white vinegar. If I do that once every week, the water stays pretty clean.