Tuesday, July 22

Walls, chickens, and brownies

What you're looking at is the wall next to the stairs which lead to the upstairs bedroom. Those white caulk spots are what I did yesterday to fix said wall and will eventually repaint. To the left is a door leading to more stairs (6 or 7) that enter the room. The spots on the left of this picture were scratch marks made by cat claws when the were climbing to the top so they could look through the screen on top of the door. It was bad and had been for several months. I was just too busy doing other more important to me things that kept me from working on the wall. I 'spoze what got me going this time is that we're oh so close to starting the painting of my daughter's new bedroom and there were a few spots in there that needed caulking, so since I already had the caulk in my hot little hands, I brought it into the house with me, saw the aforementioned wall and decided it would be a good day to work on it. Now all we need is to find some left-over paint from when we painted this wall, and repaint it. If we have any paint in the shed that's this color, it may not be good anymore because it's been over a year since we used it. Will probably need to get a small can of new paint before I can paint. So once again I won't be finishing this for a little while. I was going to take a before picture prior to caulking, but I had a brain fart and didn't.

Also last night, our DD baked brownies. In order for her to have enough eggs we (her and I) drove to the house of the guy who bails the hay in our fields, to get some eggs. We are still not getting more than ONE egg every other day or two (if that) from our 24 hens. sigh. We're strongly considering just butchering all of them and then talking to our hay guy and working-out a deal for him to supply us with eggs every so often, for pay of course. We definitely do not want to go back to eating icky store-bought eggs - they're gross and taste funny, at least to us because we've been eating farm fresh eggs exclusively for a few years now. Any hoots, the brownies my DD made last night were/are for her best friend when she visits this coming Saturday, so we only got to sample them (two for each of us) before she put them in the freezer until her friend gets here. They were delicious! This was the first time she ever baked anything completely on her own, and she did great. We are very proud of her.

Other than that, not much going on other than "the usual" stuff. You know, trash burning, swimming, laundry, playing pool, etcetera.

TTFN!

Technorati : , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

you sure keep busy