Thursday, June 25

Heat, Mowing, and Pool vacuum

click, enlarge enlarge by clicking

Depending on which side of the porch/house you're on, there's either a pretty big difference in temperature or the thermometers aren't accurate. I'm picking the difference because the indoor/outdoor thermometer (left) has it's sensor sticking out the window on the north side, which tends to be in the shade more. The one on the east side of the porch (right) is where the sun hits for a much larger portion of the day. Either way though, it's frikkin hot out there! See the top number on the therm. on the left? That's the indoor temp, which is lower than usual. It's usually hovering at 80 or above (Fahrenheit). Maybe it's because it's only 2:30 in the afternoon? I don't know.
==
Yesterday I put in two half hour sessions of riding the riding mower around the yard, and finished just in time because a thunder storm moved in after 5 and dumped quite a bit of water (about 1 inch). It moved in quick too. I was in and out of the small shed working on a piece that's attached to the pool vacuum. I got chased out of the shed by wasps and that's when I noticed the wind was picking-up, the clouds were getting much darker, and the temperature dropped by about 5-10 degrees. Let me tell ya though, it was just as hot yesterday before the storm as it is today so that wind felt totally awesome.
==
Two days ago I was vacuuming the pool when my vacuum head just fell apart. I think not only was it ancient but the piece attached to it, that stuck in the pole that you holds it under water wasn't allowing to swivel (lean back?) correctly. Gosh that's hard to explain. Anyway, I spent the better part of the late afternoon making a piece to put on the backup vacuum head to attach it to the pole (picture).

==

to make bigger, click it!
So when I've girded my loins long enough I can go out and finish vacuuming the bottom of the pool .
==

No comments: