Saturday, October 13

Meet Ruth. Laundry. 'puter clean/set-up. B-day party. Hay bales.

Ruth

Meet Ruth. He's a, well, boy. I know that "Ruth" is typically a girls name, but he was named after a Pern Dragon, from the book series by Ann McCaffrey - The Dragon Riders of Pern (or something like that).

I don't really have time to be blogging this morning, I should be getting some laundry done. I've actually got a load in the washer that's ready to by hung out, but the weather is threatening rain. So, I should get it out now, so hopefully it'll dry before it rains - IF it rains. Plus I've got another basket full of dirty clothes that needs to be washed, etc.

And I also want to get a computer that's been sitting in my kids' closet for a couple of years now, cleaned. The reason it's in the closet is because the CPU had/has a tendency to overheat as soon as the temperature in the room reaches 75*F. However, we're going to be getting DSL on Tuesday, and I want to have a computer to surf the web with, besides this one (which my wife claims she's going to be on even more). So, I had my daughter clean her ex-bedroom upstairs yesterday. I am going to be putting the overheating 'puter up there where I can control the temp with the air-conditioner. That is IF it gets too warm up there this Fall/Winter, which it may or may not. Not sure how the DSL modem with wireless capability works though. Will I just be able to plug the upstairs computer into a phone-jack with a DSL filter on it, or will I need to get a wireless card/adapter for it first?

Then after all that, I need to get ready for a birthday party. It'll be this evening for the son of one of our friends. It's going to be a "Pirates of the Caribbean" theme-party. Should be fun. We'll be having cake, ice-cream, chips, and chili. Okay, I don't really know for sure about the cake and ice-cream, but am about the chips and chili. *grin*

The hay-bale guy up the road came yesterday and turned a buttload of grass into large, round bales of hay. About 10 of them I think. We want to talk to him and make sure we get at least one, so that we can use it as mulch on the garden areas.

Technorati :

2 comments:

lovelife said...

cute cate. how was the party?

Todd said...

The party was lots of fun. Cake, ice-cream, chips, and the sweet tea were all delicious. The kids played the game of Life-Pirates of the Caribbean, pin the flag on the ship (blindfolded of course), and did the thing where you have to go under a bar that gets lower each time. Good times!