Wednesday, October 31

What we did for Halloween before Halloween/Samhain

Appearing and solidifying

This is my son in his Halloween costume. The left picture was edited to add light, and then I decided to "enhance" it to make it obviously different then the one on the right which I didn't have to edit. To give my manipulation of the left photo legitimacy, I like to think of it as "when he first arrived from the ethers and then completed his clear manifestation (right)". Or make up your own story. *smile* We're not doing the trick-or-treat thing this year, so this costume isn't for the actual day of Halloween, it was for the Parktacular thing at the Buffalo city park on this past Saturday evening that was for "safe trick-or-treating". Meaning that there were some vendors who decided to set up booths along a path where the kids could just stop and get their candy. We do like the t-or-t'ing in neighborhoods, except for two things in our area. If we go to Buffalo, we have to drive around and just park at one end of the street, do the t-or-t'ing, then drive to the next block and do it again. Or we could go to Lebanon, a bigger city, but it's 20 miles away. This year we decided to save gas and avoid all the traffic in Buffalo, MO tonight and do Halloween early.

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

lovelife said...

cool pic.

Todd said...

Thanks, I was just playin, when it turned out to be something I could use, as opposed to just delete. *LOL*

Unknown said...

I like your interpretive remark about ethers and manifestation but then you could have guessed that. Hum, must be rubbing off on you.

We ended up doing two things - on Tues night, went to St Louis and let the kids do the Pumpkin Prowl thing from 5pm to 9pm (I didn't get to bed until 4am - ugg).

Last night, a business acquaintance who is the minister at a church an hour away from us had a creative event he called the All Saints Museum. Very interesting exhibit and included a passport you get stamped and a walk through model of a catacomb and no overt preaching at us heathens.

It is nice to give the kids a different interpretation of the event each year. Really, I'm the only pagan but my 6 yr pleased my dh when he said - are they going to talk at us because if they are, I'm not going. grin.

Todd said...

"I like your interpretive remark about ethers and manifestation but then you could have guessed that. Hum, must be rubbing off on you."

Well, yeah, I spoze I'm just learning to accept that there might be something out there directing or at least supervising us all. *grin*

"Really, I'm the only pagan but my 6 yr pleased my dh when he said - are they going to talk at us because if they are, I'm not going. grin."

Cool, I'd be pleased to.