Friday, November 2

Visit. Writing. Errands. Tomatoes

On Wednesday some friends of ours came over to celebrate 'just because' it was a holiday, basically just an excuse to get together and have fun. While here they watched the end of Kid Nation with us. Then we just talked, laughed and ate snackfoods such as Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats (bars of them made with R.Ks. and marshmellow to hold em' together), pretzels, and Coke. Had a WONDERFUL time! Can't wait to see them again. Well, I will, but it'll hardly be easy. *g*

I've been thinking about writing and what exactly TO write, for a couple of hours. *g* See, it all started when we were ready to head out to do our "payday errands", when I decided that I would defragment the C:/ drive because I installed 128 Mbs of RAM. Only when I clicked the 'start program' button, I got a message saying that my "free space is down to 11% and you need at least 15 to run the program... would you like to defragment anyway?" So naturally I said, "Well yeah, duh!". I mean, why would the programmer even give you the option of continuing if it wouldn't do a "complete" defrag? Started it and left for the day. When we got home it was complete with the message 'Not all files were defragmented.' So, I've been trying for the last couple of hours to figure out which programs are taking the most space and could I live without them (it) once uninstalled?, instead of writing. Gosh, I don't have a lot of 'dispensable' programs, only the ones I think I need the most. Remamber the other day I uninstalled Firefox? Well, I've since reinstalled it because I LIKE the option you get with it to enlarge the text size on pages more easily and better than IE7. But do I HAVE to have it? Would it make enough difference in 'free space' to matter? Well, kinda-sorta on the 'have to', my eyes haven't exactly been the same since the 1999 Optical Neuritus that go me a definite diagnoses of MS to yank me out of my denial. And since I can't afford an eye exam, and even if I could I couldn't afford the glasses or contacts anyway. So, I really appreciate FireFox's page-text resizing. But, IE loads faster when I click the 'little blue e', and other than only a few sites that don't work well with it, I miss FireFox (could it SAY one more time? lol).

Anyway, we went to the library and dropped off 3 boxes of books we no longer need. Then I dropped some things off at the free place. Stopped in to Pizza Hut for our 'payday meal splurge' and used a coupon (koopen) for a free personal pan pizza, that we got at the parktacular last Saturday. The kids and I had the buffet, so Rain ordered her pizza. Only, for some reason the waitress thought the pizzal was a 'to go' and set it in back to keep warm. We didn't find that out until about 15 minutes had gone by and the rest of us had eaten at least one go-around of the pizza bar. So, to make up for her mistake, she didn't charge us for the salad bar. Which was nice. But when we got the ticket, it said only 2 buffets, which means we got a free salad bar AND a free buffet. Awesome! We're always willing to accept help to pay for a meal. *g* And now we're home and I'm FINALLY writing in my blogs (1,2,3, Gather, and Zaads. Which goes a LOT faster with high-speed. *duh* Still lovin' it, and NOT missing dial-up at ALL. *smile*


maters.JPGThese are MORE green tomatoes that Rain is going to make some pickles of, make some ketchup, etc. However, we've already got a TON of tomatoes, and just about out of room to store more AFTER she processes these.

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: