Wednesday, November 28

Kitties. Chores. Writing dilemma. Calling friends

Click to enlarge
Rocky is the big kitty (right) laying next to Spot (middle), who's laying next to Suicune (left). The reason I took this is because I thought it was interesting how the big one was laying almost on top of Spot and looking just so comfortable.

I haven't really been up to all that much. Although, I did get quite a bit done yesterday, now that I think about it. I got the load of laundry brought in that had been hanging on the line since Saturday. It was too humid on Saturday afternoon and they weren't dry, so I figured I'd bring them in on Sunday after the sun had been out for a while. However, the sun never did come out, plus we got a light dusting of snow which melted, but the clothes still didn't dry. Then on Monday it pretty much stayed extremely overcast and rained off and on all day. But on Tuesday around noon they were dry (enough) and I brought that load in. And since I had re-washed the clothes that had also been in the wash machine for 3 days, I had to hang another load out. Luckily it was a pretty nice day, and the sun warmed us up real nice (in the 50's Fahrenheit) so the 2nd load dried fairly quickly. Plus I finally got the screen-door screen taken out and replaced with the glass storm window. Since it was such a nice day yesterday, I was finally able to get the water hose thawed out. Once the sprayer had enough pressure, I hosed the porch down. It was just covered in chicken doo-doo and was disgusting. But because it dropped to freezing and below (but not much) over the weekend, we didn't even try to get the hose thawed out until yesterday. Besides, even if I had been able to get the porch hosed-off, it would just turned the surface into ice. So I waited til yesterday. But of course that was before it was feeding time for the chickens, so they messed it up again, but not nearly as bad. Although you still had to watch where you stepped. Ew! Over the fall I tried to spray it off every day, but once it got cooler and we couldn't leave the water on all the time, I kind of slacked off. *grin*

I have been contemplating blogging for the last couple of days. I just could not get in 'the mood'. Kept thinking, "The things that are happening in my life are just so insignificant compared to what's happening in the Mideast and other parts of the world, and also compared to what the current U.S. administration is doing to our civil liberties, rights, and to those in other countries" (eroding them quickly), that I just couldn't think of anything "exciting" or "important" enough to write about. My wife and I talked about my dilemma this afternoon and she reminded that when times are complicated and uncertain, people want/like/need to hear about normal things. So here I am :-)

Called a friend today, that'd lost our phone number and was confused because of a returned/undeliverable email to/from my now discontinued gmail addy, that she wasn't sure how to contact me. So she commented on my MySpace blog, I answered with my phone number, plus I called her. Her, her hubby, and their kids will be coming over Friday evening to share some wine, cake, ice-cream, and brownies. Why? Because Friday is my birthday. WOO-HOO!

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

lovelife said...

happy birthday to you. hope you have a nice day.

Todd said...

Thank you very much. So far, very good. :-)