Wednesday, January 23

More cat pictures, cold weather, slow drying clothes and towels

Slash_Jan_08.jpg

It's kind of hard to tell, but there's a gap between the seat-cushion and the arm of the chair, and she's wedged into that 'ditch'. She was laying there while I was stoking up the fire in the wood stove.

Ruth_Jan_08.jpg

Ruth is also enjoying the warmth that is emanating from the woodstove. He's laying just a few feet away from the green chair above. He's TOTALLY relaxed, and yes... he's alive!

Those were taken last night. It was friggin' cold this morning at 7:30. Thermostat showed 20*F. When my wife was up briefly at 4:30 this morning it was 15*F - too damn cold! :-) Which meant that the clothes I hung on the line yesterday morning STILL weren't dry (but they were this afternoon by 2 p.m). 'course it didn't help that we got light, falling snowflakes yesterday either. Didn't stick to the ground, but what landed on the van and roof turned to thin ice over night. And today we drove into Buffalo and stopped at the Wal-Mart for some cloth so my wife can make me a caftan. Then to the grocery store to get a few things that we just couldn't live without until pay day in a little over a week. Right now I have towels hanging out that I seriously doubt will be dry enough until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. It's supposed to get down to 15-20*F tomorrow morning too. *sigh* I'm ready for Spring!

Technorati : , , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kitties, as usual...

You are way too cold... I'm sure glad I'm FAR south of you!

:}
tracy

Todd said...

Yes, I agree, WAY too cold!

TheyDHD said...

I agree, far too cold. Stay warm up there, k?

Todd said...

Oh, you know it. Got the wood stove cranked up as we speak :)