Wednesday, February 11

Singing in a video (not)

Yesterday afternoon or early evening my DD made a video of herself singing. Unfortunately, she didn't sing loud enough and you could barely hear her. I have been talking about doing the same thing for a couple of months but could not think of a song to sing. A few weeks ago, or longer, I tried making one upstairs using the karaoke machine. It didn't sound good at all. Then the other day I was listening to an Eric Clapton CD and thought one of those songs would be good, since I needed/wanted someone with a voice I could at least relate to to sing along with. Well, last night I chose his song with the verse "You look Wonderful tonight" in it. Well, I tried twice, and both of the versions sucked, in my opinion. I had the song playing while I had on headphones that were turned up loud so I couldn't hear my own voice, which I have never really appreciated or even liked hearing. Anyway, my attempts a few weeks ago and twice last evening have given me more respect for those who really can sing well and thus make a living doing it. It is much harder to do than I thought it would be. I just can't get over the self consciousness to really sing, as opposed to just trying to sound good enough, but not loud enough to be heard from another room. LOL. Ya know? Long story short... you get to hear me sing nothing! *snicker*

Technorati : , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's hilarious! No way in heck I would record myself singing. Hubby says he loves hearing me sing. I told him, "I'm glad someone does!" But heck, I'll just keep on singing at the top of my lungs as long as I have a voice. Just don't make me listen to it! LOL!

Lee said...

I tend to be fairly self conscious about my singing voice as well. This may in part be because Kirsty has a really truly awesome singing voice. Mine is adequate for those top ten hits like Baby Beluga! In other words I am very comfy singing w/ the kids and that is about it.

lovelife said...

o that would of been a cool video