Friday, January 8

Productive/fulfilling days

Hmm... knew I had been thinking it, thought I had told that I had been doing it, but apparently didn't say anything. Perhaps I mentioned it on Facebook or Twitter. A couple of weeks ago I decided that every day I would do *something* productive, like dishes, laundry, vacuum, trash burning, or just something creative with my time. Think that is a good way to feel like the day(s) aren't being wasted. Yesterday I got 4 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, hung-up, and put away. A couple of days ago after our pipes (under the bath tub, we think) had been frozen and thus we had no running water for sever hours, I was thinking that the heater in the bathroom would be more efficient closer to the floor. As opposed to being on a shelf above the toilet or on the back of the toilet itself. Yesterday afternoon/evening Rain said she was thinking the same thing. We're just connected that way. *smile* Anyway, getting an extension cord, connecting the heater to it, then plugging the cord into the wall was yet another productive thing I got done yesterevening (invented word). Today it's going to be cold outside, no higher than the teens, if that, measuring in Fahrenheit. That means that I am not planning on taking the outdoor Christmas lights on the porch down. However, I can and will take the lights in the plant room window and put them in their box or boxes. Strongly considering taking a shower, even though I've done nothing to cause sweating so pretty sure I don't stink. LOL. Would be something to do though. May or may not shave too. Thinking I probably will, if for nothing else then to look "presentable" to the family members living in this house. They wouldn't tell me if I wasn't though. I know this because I went into the bathroom just prior to breakfast, after being up for a couple of hours, and looked in the mirror. What I saw were the sideburns on each side of my head pointing straight up like really tall ears, or horns. Did they tell me they/I looked ridiculous? No. I asked why not and was told, "We thought they were cute!" LOL. Sheesh. So I brushed them down and went to the kitchen table to eat, knowing that there was no more reason to stare at me. Actually, nobody was staring anyway, that I know of. LOL

=

Oh yeah, wanted to mention that our puppy, Annabelle, is now house trained and has learned to 'tell' us when she needs to go outside. Also, we can trust her to not chew anything or potty anywhere while we're in bed, when left out of her crate. *smile*

=

FYI: I've changed the default font on my blog-writing software (Zoundry Raven) to 'DejaVuSans 16px/pt' to see if the blog, once on-line, is easier to read for people like ne with less than perfect vision who don't wear glasses.

=

No comments: