Saturday, March 27

Google Chrome vs Internet Explorer 8

Don't really know if it's a big deal or not. My wife noticed last night after she was on Facebook for a few hours on my son's computer, using Internet Explorer 8, that when she ran a clean using Periform's CCleaner that on .14 Mb was cleaned. Thought that was odd because after she uses my computer for Facebook, using Google Chrome, that the clean usually shows several megabytes (depending on how long @ Facebook). We've also noticed that on my computer, Facebook, using Chrome, that it 'hangs' frequently and/or has to do 're-syncing' a lot too. Anyway, just out of curiosity I ran a little experiment on using my computer to see if I.E.8's post Facebook clean when less on this computer. Wondered because my wife's mini notebook computer also uses I.E.8 and after Facebook the clean shows 20, 30 or more Mb's.

-

With Google Chrome with ALL 'add ons' disabled I went to the log-in page (didn't matter if I logged in or not) of Facebook and this was my clean results
fbchrome.jpg

-

Did the same thing using I.E.8 and here's those results
fbIE.jpg

-

Must say that even though it seems that I.E. uses less disk space, that I still prefer G. Chrome BECAUSE of the cool ad-ons you can get (ad blockers, weather displays, stuff like that). I don't which is better , I guess it depends on your perspective.

-

No comments: