Sunday, May 28

Fixing web page things

Good morning, everyone! Hope you slept well :-) I slept okay, not long enough, but okay. Of course I'm going to take a nap after breakfast (smoothies), so that'll make up for the lack of morning sleep. *smile*

I don't know what's going on with Zoundry this time, but for some reason the font 'looks' bigger than it usually does when I type the first draft. Hmm... Don't know if I should do my usual thing and enlarge it before uploading, or leave it as it. Again, hmm... Guess I could just leave it alone. Seems that when I go and start changing things, I inadvertently mess something up that I shouldn't have. *sigh* I will change the paragraph styles so their justified though. I just think it looks more 'professional', although I suppose that doesn't REALLY matter in blogs. Does it? I mean, it's not like I'm a journalist for some high falootin' newspaper or anything. *grin*

I changed the pictures on my 'for sale' page - the ones you get after you click on the thumbnails. Now you're shown bigger ones. I did it because a good friend of mine suggested it :-) He also suggested changing the 'title' of the page, which I did. And also suggested putting links to the Realtor's email and website, which I did, of course. So, hopefully more people will be able to find the page, the listing, and buy the dern thing. *smile* It didn't take long to actually resize the aforementioned pictures, but it did take a while before I could get them uploaded. Why? Because my daughter is sharing the connection with me. While she's doing that, everything on this computer slows down, and I mean EVERYTHING. Well, the email doesn't really, but everything else. *sigh* Then I realized that this PC was doing a virus scan, and that slows things down too, so it wasn't all her fault :-) Not to mention that when I clicked 'publish' in Frontpage 2003 to upload a fixed picture (see below), I needed to upload a BUNCH of others to another web page. THEN I uploaded the new ones to the for sale site :-)

Speaking of pictures. While looking at my blogspot blog last night, I noticed that when viewing it with Internet Explorer, that it didn't look right. The entries were on the left and at the top, but the links & stuff on the right side where wayyyyyy down the page. But when I viewed it with Firefox, it looked fine. I thought that I messed something up a couple of days ago when I was "fixing" things in the template, so I kept testing changes last night, but nothing seemed to work. Then it occurred to me that I had noticed a picture that went further across the page than usual, so maybe if I made it thinner that would make the page look right in I.E., and it did. Amazing! Sometimes the fix isn't as complicated as you think it will be. LOL.

Well, I was just informed that we don't *need* to wait until tomorrow to go grocery shopping for a few "needed" things (like ketchup, nuts, etc), that we can go today. So that's apparently the new plan, so I need to finish this up, post it, and email it. Talk to you later - tater!

Rambleman

No comments: