Wednesday, May 24

Just another day

Well, I didn't write anything in my journal-slash-blog yesterday for one simple reason... not a doggone thing to say. Hadn't done anything worth writing about - no crafty things, no chore type things, nothing. Reading other people's blogs that are having dramas happening kind of puts my life's things to shame. Yeah, it was me thinking, "Compared to other people's lives, mine is hardly worth writing home about". Then again, if I were to write home, it would be to myself, my wife, and my kids, and they already know what's been going on. *grin* Oh sure, I could tell that the kids went swimming, play video games, and jumped on their trampoline, but that would just be stating the normal events of any given day. So why even say anything?

Our dog Sugar is still on her mostly egg diet, and as near as I can tell is doing just fine. The reason I say she's mostly on that diet is because if we have some non wheat-based things like meat (i.e. chicken skin, steak or pork leftovers), we give those to her as well. It's only been a couple of weeks, so it's hard to "see" any changes in her weight. She seems to have about the same amount of energy as always. I don't know if she really has a lack of energy, or she's just bored so she lays around. It's not like she can turn on the TV, computer, or anything, so what else does she really have to do? She goes outside, sometimes, when one of her humans goes out for something, and wonders around with them. Rain and I take her for a walk around the inner boundaries of the property on a daily basis - at least for the last week or so, that she seems to enjoy. Well, she wags her tail a lot during the walks. *smile*

On the "new" news, I do have an appointment with a different neurologist in July, that is closer than the one I currently see, so that's good. Hopefully he's a good one. Our primary care giver picked him out for us from a list that is in the clinic's group of neurologists who specialize in multiple sclerosis. She said that she's had patients who've seen doctors in the Ferrel Duncan Clinic and he was well liked, so hopefully I'll get along with him too, as long as he doesn't push the C.R.A.B.S. drugs. I can't remember what all the letters stand for. I know one is for Avonex (I was on that one, and the side-effects sucked), BeteSeron (I think that's the last two letters). As for the "A" and "R", the names those represent escape me at the moment. *sigh* I'm wondering if he's going to want to get me to do an MRI, since our current neuro hasn't asked for one in the 5 years we've been going to her. He might want to see if the POLs (points of light) in my brain have increased, decreased, or stayed the same. The POLs are the spots of scar tissue the the MS has caused in my brain. Plus, when I was on Avonex, the insert that came with the medicine recommended an MRI every 6 months to a year while on it, which didn't happen. Don't even know if liver tests have been done. I'm thinking they probably were, because I have had bloodwork done a few times, but not sure if that was one of the things they were checking - even though pamphlets for the other medications say to do them every so often. As far as I know though, I don't have any liver problems or kidney problems. I do know that sometimes after I've been riding the lawn mower around, being bounced a bit after hitting all the holes and bumps caused by gophers, moles, and voles, that I get a pretty intense 'ache' in my lower back that feels like possible kidney pain. But maybe a lot of people get those pains after riding around bouncing for a couple of hours. I don't know.

In basketball news: The Detroit Pistons went on to the third round of the playoffs and are now in a 7 game series with the Miami Heat. Detroit beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Miami beat the New Jersey Nets in round two. The Dallas Mavericks won the series against the San Antonio Spurs and will play the Arizona Suns in round three of the western finals. I'm hoping to see the Pistons play the Suns in the championship series, but obviously the teams for that haven't been decided.

On a more personal note, Rain trimmed my side-burns and the hairs on the side of my head that were becoming bushy. She also trimmed off the loose ends of the hairs on the back of my head, as well has trimmed my eyebrows. I've been shaving my own face and cutting my own nose hairs, so she hasn't had to do it all. *smile*

Ticks are in full infest mode right now. No, the place in crawling with them, it's just that we are finding them (usually before they bite us) on a regular basis. We find more on the cats then anywhere else, but usually only one tick at a time. My son has brought me two this morning to take care of. One he found crawling on the memory card of his video game system, and the other was crawling on the wall. In general though, we don't have but the occasional bite from one, so that's very good! :-)

That's all I've got. The house still hasn't sold. We haven't seen our Missouri friends for several months (it seems anyway), but since I believe their college semesters are over now, we're hoping one or both of those families will come and see us soon. Their vehicles get MUCH better gas mileage than our gas guzzling van, else we would go see them. Although, we've visited them twice since they've been here, so it's their turn. *smile*

The Rambleman

No comments: