Wednesday, January 3

The game of life, dining out, shopping, Serenity

I have 67 emails and 4 blogs waiting for me to read (probably more by the time I'm done here). So I decided that I would write in my blog before getting to all of that. No offense to those hoping to get a response from me. I don't mean to be selfish of my time, but sometimes ya gotta be, ya know? Not that I have anything mind-blowing to write about. *grin*

Didn't go to the scheduled playday with our homeschool group today because we needed to get chicken & duck food in on the outside of one city, then drive approximately 30 miles to the other city to do our grocery shopping, plus stop for lunch in between since we didn't leave home until 10 o'clock this morning. Speaking of lunch, we had decided to stop at a restaurant name The Timber Cafe in Buffalo, MO. We had to go by it on the way to the feed store and noticed that it wasn't open. We thought perhaps that was because it wasn't 11 a.m. and they may just open at 11 like Pizza Hut. So we got our birds some food and drove by that same restaurant noticing a 'for sale' sign on the front lawn, so figured it wouldn't be open today. Because of that, we went and did our once-a-month-because-we-got-paid dine-out at Pizza Hut - YUM! I love pizza and bread sticks, even if neither are particularly good for me. *grin* I was a good point and had sweet tea rather than Pepsi though. *smile* Then we went to the other city, got the kids their chore money. After that we went grocery shopping.

Not much to tell about that. We got a few links taken out of my son's watch band so he could wear it. Unfortunately she took too many out, and although it fit at the time, after walking around the store for a bit he said it was too tight (he couldn't move his wrist), so we went and got one link put back in. Now it fits, but he's so NOT used to wearing a wrist watch, that he's just carrying it. *sigh* We'll just keep reminding him he has one, or maybe not. Maybe we'll just assume that he knows and he will wear it when he's damned good and ready. LOL. The only other sort of exciting thing about the shopping is that we bought ourselves (family) a board game, because I spotted it and we hadn't bought one in like, forever. *grin* What? Oh, you want to know which one? Oh alight, since you begged... it's "The Pirates of The Caribbean 'Life' game". We'll be having friends over on Friday, and they'll be bringing the standard 'Life' game that we played twice at their place last Friday. So I guess we'll play their game at least once, and our game at least once. *smile* Plus they're bringing pizza! Woo-Hoo! Anyway, we've already played one game of TPOTC 'Life' and it works well, and it quite enjoyable. Of course I REALLY liked it this evening... BECAUSE I WON! Nah-nah-nah-neener-neener-neener. LOL.

Whelp, that was our day. Now, because I'm not really *into* email or blogs right now, I'm going to watch the rest of "Serenity" the movie with my wife :-)

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

lovelife said...

Hi I like it that you have time with your wife and kid's. wish I would of had that time growing up with my dad.

Unknown said...

Wow, love the new look of your blog, Todders (well, it's new to me! lol)

I wrote an email to the group. I haven't been online much because I am busy having to separate and pack the entire household by myself (well, the kids help sometimes) because Gunnar can't be bothered. He has become totally self-centered and I can't wait to get out of here.