Monday, January 29

Tree limbs, Firefox, Thunderbird

Good morning, y'all! The reason I haven't written in 4 days is because I've been going through an inferiority complex thingy. In other words, nothing that has been going on in my life really seems all the write-worthy. It's basically been the same ol' same ol'. You know, doing a little clean-up of the limbs that were broken off the trees in that brutal ice storm the week before last. Haven't got a lot cleaned up because it's been too chilly for these old bones. We did get most of the fallen limbs off the trees and stacked semi-neatly next to each tree. Still need to take the chainsaw out and turn the big branches into firewood though. Well, I guess some of the ones that aren't too small will also be used as firewood, just not the splittable kind, more of the kind that you add to the fire once it's burning really well and you don't want to use the split wood kind. *smile*

A couple of days ago I got one of my wild hairs about computer programs. I had decided that I wanted to try a new one because we have been using the same ones for a while (i.e. Outlook Express & Internet Explorer). So I went searching. I saw that Mozzilla has release (1)"Firefox 2.0" and has a couple beta versions of (2)"Thunderbird 2.0". Since this was *my* wild hair thing, I decided I could spare Rain the pain of having to learn a new email program while I tested Thunderbird 2.0 beta, so I downloaded it and the upgrade for Firefox. I thought that one way I could do it without screwing-up Rain would be to just create a new user account and set-up Thunderbird on it. Then I decided that I didn't *have* to do that, that I could stay with the one, main account and have another button/link to TB. Well, the problem was that we use TB 1.5 as our default blog reader program. Well, I decided I would try to set-up another account afterall and try "sharing" a bunch of programs (Zone alarm, AVG, Firefox, Zoundry, etc.). Somehow when trying to share these programs I messed the computer up when I decided I wasn't having any luck and "canceled" the effort. First of all, I deleted all the RSS feeds off of TB 1 when I thought I could separate 1 and 2.0, but the install of 2.0 overwrote 1.5 even though I *thought* I still had two separate programs on the same account. Long story made short because I'm thinking this is starting to drag on and on and on *grin*, in the end/highlight of the screw-up, we couldn't even visit websites or download email. *heavy sigh* I was just about to give up and do a total reformat when I decided to try one more thing -- reinstall The (3)Centurytel Accelerator. That worked, thank the Gods and Goddesses, because I *really* didn't want to make copies of all the programs!! And yes, I know I should anyway, but I was tired :-)

Okay, well, I've got a TON of email to read and respond to. C.Ya! :)

For all of you getting this as plain text email...

1) http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

2) http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=20338

3) http://community.centurytel.net/zoomer/download/

Technorati : , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , ,
Buzznet : , , , , ,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all feel that way at times.. I've been so busy trying to organize things here, I'm not on much even when I do have something to say. =(

Hope you all are keeping warm and I'm glad you had the insight to store the water and stuff just in case. *hugs*