Tuesday, January 23

Mom update

I know that some of you asked that I keep you updated on the status of my mommy who went in to have hip replacement surgery, so here it is. When I talked to my dad on Saturday evening he told me she was scheduled to be home yesterday. She was staying in the hospital in the town they live that initially said they didn't want her because she was too high maintenance. They assumed that she would be again after her surgery this time too, but they didn't *know* for sure because the surgery was done at a different, more advanced hospital in another city. Since they hadn't actually seen her since she had been discharged, they didn't know that she has gained about 40 pounds and was eating w/o a feeding tube. Anyway, they were very happily surprised at her much better condition. Dad says that although she still needs to use a walker, she should only need it for a while longer and that within 3 months she will probably not need it at all. Before they discharged her from the hospital she had to be able to get out of bed on her own, feed herself, dress herself, and get to and from the bathroom by herself. She's able to do all that now, and her pain is of course GREATLY reduced since the latest surgery. Well, that's the latest from my dad to me to you :-) Have a nice day!

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

hi happy your mom is doing better.
as for the dragon and the cat I just love all pets. but not spiders and mice lol
I hope you are all doing well also