Saturday, January 6

Great visit by friends!

We had a *very* fun evening last night. Friends and their kids came over, brought some pizza and a bottle of wine. The pizza was delicious, of course, and so was the wine. For the first hour or so we just talked while the kids played. They played video games for a while, then they moved into my DS's room to play something else (Legos? I don't know, I just know he has some and likes to play with them). Eventually, after a lot of talking about this, that, and the other thing, we broke-out "The game of Life" (Pirates of the Caribbean version). And of course while playing the game we talked some more. As it turns out, we have quite a bit more in common than we (Rain and I) originally thought, which of course it totally cool :-) Oh yeah, in addition to the pizza and wine, we also had some yummy brownies that my wife made for us. They were a big hit, of course, because she's such a good baker (and awesome cook in-general). And I'm not just saying that because she'll be reading this. LOL. Their daughter put a movie in VCR and watched some of that while "the boys" were off doing something else. She did go and see what they were doing before long though, so they didn't escape her presence for long. *grin* Meanwhile, the little one (under 2 somewhere) wondered around exploring everything and everywhere she could get to :-) I'm just very happy that all the kids were comfortable enough to treat our house like home and weren't afraid of "getting in trouble" for checking things out, ya know? We had soda and kool-aid too, so everyone was happy as far as drinks were concerned :-) All in all, like I said at the beginning, we had a GREAT time, and hope to visit them and for them to visit us on a regular basis. That would be AWESOME! Their son and our son have already been talking about sleep-overs, so Rain and I (and our son of course) need to discuss that. *smile*

Now that I've caught up (for the most part, cuz I'm rarely totally caught-up for long) on my email, I think I'm going to get off of the computer and be in the living room with Rain until she comes here to catch-up on *her* email. *grin* Oh yeah, and probably after the Kansas City football game, I'll have blogs to read. My work here is never done. *smile*

I forgot to mention that I have a new Xanga friend. Don't know much about him, other than he asked (via Xanga) to be my friend :-) I didn't even know Xanga HAD a "friend" feature thingy, or just never paid attention.

Technorati : , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

lovelife said...

cool that you have friend come see you and that you had a nice time.

lovelife said...

lol n o nipples were a hit tell I had one man keep emailing me telling me how sexy it was and that he was from mo and what he wanted to do with me. So I took the pic down and his emails have stopped.