Thursday, April 5

Absence. Mowing. Wildlife refuge building. Wal-Mart spying

The reason for my absence from my e-peeps is that I don't feel that I have anything to say that means much. Thus I'm just doing what the saying says and not saying anything because I have nothing good to say. Plus this is my week to get up early, which means I am more tired and less talkative, even in real life. And of course there's a lot less computer time because I have to share with 3 other people and the kids have found an on-line game recently. :-)

mowedyard07.jpgI spent most of today mowing since we got gas for the mower after we went to the park on Wednesday. After we got home it was too windy so I decided I would do mow today. I didn't get all the grass that needed to be mowed, mown, just the front yard.



brushpile07.jpg

While I was mowing, my wife and the kids picked-up branches that were stacked waiting to be cut or were stacks of smaller branches that'd been cut off of bigger ones, and put them in the brush pile. There are still several piles that need to be moved to this one, so it's going to be quite a large wildlife refuge. Already the chickens and cats love it. We fear (not really) that a chicken is going to lay eggs underneath and we're going to "suddenly" have a batch of chicks one day. *grin* I guess that would be cool.

Other than that, haven't been up to much. It's been cold enough the last 2 mornings that I've started a fire to take the chill off. Actually, I also made a fire last evening because it was getting quite chilly. Right now we're in a freeze warning from tomorrow morning until Sunday morning. What the hell happened to spring?! *grr* Well, hopefully this'll be the last cold-spell we go through this year. *crossing fingers*

In other news:

Wal-Mart Accused of Infiltrating Anti-Wal-Mart Group; Spying on Critics
A former worker at Wal-Mart is claiming the company is running a sophisticated surveillance operation that targets employees, journalists, stockholders and critics of the company. The claims were made by Bruce Gabbard who was fired last month for intercepting and recording phone calls to and from a New York Times reporter. Gabbard told the Wall Street Journal he was part of a broader surveillance operation run out of Wal-Mart's Arkansas headquarters. Gabbard also revealed that Wal-Mart infiltrated the group Up Against the Wal last year by sending a long-haired employee wearing a wireless microphone to one of the group's meetings. A Wal-Mart surveillance van was stationed outside the meeting in order to listen in to what was happening. Wal-Mart also reportedly closely monitored the Internet and phone usage of employees at work. Managers received a list of email addresses and phone numbers with which their employees have communicated, and a list of Web sites visited. Wal-Mart also developed a system to read the personal emails of workers sent or received from private accounts such as Hotmail or Gmail. http://tinyurl.com/3yq5tk

Technorati :

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Walmart for you. Doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sorry about your weather. Hopefully, it will warm up soon

lovelife said...

walmart is like the USA goverment trying to take ove more of our life and what we do with our life.