Tuesday, April 10

Accelerator. Rain. War

I have spent *most* of the afternoon trying to get the Centurytel "Propel Accelerator" to run through diagnostics without error. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Prior to doing that though, I noticed that we were downloading automatic updates from Microsoft, so I waited for that to finish in case that was causing problems. The download finished and installed, after which time I restarted the computer. Still got the error :-( I did the reinstall at that point, ran a diagnostics session but still got an error. I went to the Centurytel on-line customer support, only to be told I needed to call a number and talk to them about my problem. I just don't see any point in having on-line support if they can't actually help you! :-( I talked to a guy who told me that it's a problem with the makers (Propel) of the software in that their server isn't authorizing the ping (my word). Should be fixed no later than tomorrow, although he really couldn't be sure. It sure would be nice to have DSL, but you all know I can't convince Centurytel to even try to get service in my area. I've been nagging them for *FIVE* years without success. *grr*

Other than that, we haven't been up to much. Yesterday it was SUCH a nice afternoon that I decided it would probably be the same today, so I was going to mow. After all, the forecast only called for "possible" showers, and a low percentage of a chance at that. Well guess what, it's been raining ALL DAY. *sigh* Obviously I couldn't mow, and now I'm thinking that part of the yard I mowed last week will probably need to be done again and the back yard will be twice as high. The last few mornings (Friday through yesterday morning) we were said to be in "freeze warnings". Didn't really affect us as far as gardening goes, so it was no big deal. The only thing is that we've had to start fires in the mornings to take the chill off of the house, which kind of sucks because we're now *scrounging* to find dry enough wood to burn, but we have found enough so far. Anyway, because I could not mow, I decided to get some laundry done. I've gotten one load folded and put away, and now the second dryer load just finished. One more load is done washing and will need to be switched with the dry clothes in the dryer. Then I'm DONE... for this time. Except I just remember I forgot to get my sons dirty clothes out of his room. Ah well, maybe next time. *snicker*

I heard on the news that one of the Democratic Senators said they won't be withholding funds for the Iraq war. Damn, the power of the purse is the only way to stop this frikkin' war, and they're letting us American people down big time! They're more worried about being re-elected in 2008 than they are about doing the right thing. Assholes! In fact, they've gave the wannabe dictators in the whitehouse more money and only put in "non-binding" resolutions :-( What a waste of time. Sure, they say they're trying to put a time-table in  that'll bring the troops home in 2008, but THAT'S TOO LATE! The bastards!! On a brighter note, another Dem has brought up the impeachment thing :-) Somehow I doubt it'll happen though :-(

Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the rain but maybe this will mean you won't be in a drought situation this year (I have a feeling we will be on the dry side this year). Just means I will have to be out there with the hose A LOT more than last year.

Regarding the Dems, I knew this would happen. They don't want to be accused of not supporting the troops.