Sunday, April 29

Getting out

It's been a little while since I've written a blog, as opposed to just posting pictures. Please forgive me for stating the obvious, but hey, we all do it don't we? Anyway, I just have a writing bug this morning, so here we go. >smile<
*warning* Another obvious statement coming. As you know, if you look back on my last few posts, we've been staying busy, trying to keep our days 'eventful'. I just redirected a whole page of writing to my personal journal because after reading it, it wasn't something anyone would like hearing. It was all about how few girlfriends I had before meeting Rain, and how hard I think it's going to be to meet someone else. It also told about my inexperience in dating before her and the pessimism of doing it again since she was my one successful (putting it mildly) long-term relationship.
Barton Springs pool, Austin, TX Barton Springs pool, Austin, TX
We've been enjoying doing new things this week. You know, the pool hall and then yesterday, the swimming in the river at The Barton Springs pool. Kind of wish I would've taken some pictures while we were there, but I didn't. I could've used my cell phone to take them, or asked Angelica to let me use the camera, again, neither of those things happened (I didn't take the above two). The bottom of the pool (river) was very slick with whatever coated the bottom of it (algae?), so I fell down a few times, which gave my daughter some comic relief a few times. LOL. The temperature of the water wasn't too cold. Like the apartment complex's pool, once you were in a completely wet and stayed in the water, you adjusted. That first entry though... BRR! The falling down was actually a good thing for me in that it forced me (unexpectedly) to submerge myself. That was the first time I had swam and walked in a river for a few years, but I enjoyed it. The floating plant life kind of bothered Angelica though. We're both fully expecting it to bother her less each time we go though. It only costs $3 per person to get passed the gate person and to the other side of the fence, so we'll be doing it again, probably many times. Mostly I wanted to jump off the diving board, but there was once girl who took what seemed liked forever to jump off the diving board. Therefore the wait was long, though interesting because the longer she took, the more people in the crowd clamped and cheered for her to jump in, which she finally did after about 15 minutes (maybe less, but it seemed at least that long). After she jumped I got in line, but then someone let her back on the board before I could get on, so I got out of line because I was tired of waiting (not to mention annoyed with whomever let her on a second time before the rest of the line).
I also want to take the kids to play miniature golf. They've never played, so I think they'll enjoy it. I haven't decided if (when?) I'll go check out the nightclub/bar scene yet. I've never met anyone at either of those places. I'm old (47 :-) now, so I'm not sure I wouldn't feel completely out of place among all the young and energetic women and men anyway. If you know of someplace for us old fogies to go and enjoy listening to music and maybe do a little dancing, let me know. Okay? Okay.
I'm waiting for the NBA playoffs to come on television. That'll be my day's activity. Unless it gets really, really sunny, then I might go down and swim in the apartment's pool at some point. Thinking I might partake in the hot tub too, now that I think about it.
We need to separate and put into bags, the 5 pounds of hamburger we bought yesterday, into 1/4 pound burgers and put them in sandwich baggies. 'Breakfast' is usually a burger and bacon, that's why we separate the hamburger. Plus if we want to use some in spaghetti sauce, it's pretty easy to microwave-thaw some for that and it doesn't take long.
I'll be turning in my last homework assignment for my Image Manipulation class today. Then on Monday I start my Javascript class. Whoo-hoo!
http://ramblemans.blogspot.com/2012/04/getting-out.html

No comments: