Friday, June 22

Summer Solstice. Doorframe Painting

For those of you who didn't remember, yesterday was The Summer Solstice. Or you could've called it what mainstreamers did... The First Day of Summer :-) We didn't do anything specific to celebrate the day, but we did go to the park for our weekly get-together of homeschool families. There was only 2 families besides us there, but we (the parents) pretty much just sat and talked for a couple of hours, while the kids played. My son and his best friend first played a game each on their Gameboy Advances, then they played on the long slide. My daughter pretty much just hung with we parents and listened, even though there were a couple of girls there pretty close to her age. *sigh* Well, once she gets to know them better, I'm sure she'll open-up, at least I hope so. Other than that we stopped at the store and got a couple more hope tickets, a bag of potato chips, and some wipies. *grin* Then we came home and did the usual (TV, video game, computer, chickens, cats, dog, etc). Since I had a headache, I laid down for a couple of hours with an eye-pillow over my eyes. Unfortunately after I got up I never really did regain any energy to finish painting the door frames (the final coat). I did THAT, this morning. Want to see? I thought maybe you did. *smile*

Front screen door frame before & After
frnt_bef-aft.jpg
Click to enlarge

Back door frame before & after
bk_bef-aft.jpg
Click to enlarge

And we've decided not to repaint the front screen door since the cats scratch on it whenever they want in, and probably won't paint the back door either, but may paint the framing around the window in coral, like some of the poles. *smile*

Technorati : ,

No comments: