Wednesday, June 6

Tree and Skimmer work

Click the pictures for a larger views :-)

Tree_Work_1.jpg

We had another pretty productive day yesterday. What you see here is the tree that we worked on all afternoon *before* I actually started working on it.

Tree_Work_2.jpg

And this is the second stage, after I got it all cut-up with the chainsaw, before moving the logs to the woodshed for stacking and then eventually splitting.

Tree_Work_3.jpg

The two small logs you see on the other side of Sugar (dog) are going to be seats around the fire pit we're going to make. The two taller logs are going to be a couple of the benches that'll also be by the fire pit. Rain decided that she'd see what they looked like after the bark was taken off, so she spent a couple of hours debarking those four. They turned out really cool, at least we think so. *smile* Eventually I'm going to cut a little off of each side of the tall logs so that they be more comfortable as benches. After I do that, I'll cut notches on the end of each, kind of like log cabin logs and then we'll set them on something (bricks, blocks, maybe even empty gallon paint cans filled with sand or rocks). The thinking of putting them on blocks or whatever, is so that they won't set on the ground, thus making them slower to be weathered (anti-rot idea).


skimmer.jpg skimmer-2.jpg

And this is the other creative thing I did yesterday. The pool skimmer-screen was all shredded, making skimming impossible. I had originally considered just tossing it and buying a new one. Then it hit me! "I have some old window screen in the shed, maybe I can use the 'heavy duty glue' to keep it on the skimmer's plastic!" So that's what I did, thus saving the expense (admittedly not much) of buying a new one by using materials we already had on-hand. Did some skimming today, and it works! *smile*

Technorati : , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

looks like you have been very busy