Wednesday, July 18

Deep thoughts? You decide

I've been thinking about it for two days now, and am finally doing it. That's right, writing my deepest thoughts down so the world can peek into my psyche. Should probably write something 'deep', 'enlightening' or 'profound'. Something that no one else knows, either about me personally, about someone only I know, or perhaps something that everyone wants to hear. The problem is... what is it? Should be? You know psychologists (or so I've heard in the past) think the word "should" is a bad thing. Don't know why exactly, perhaps because if ones feel he/she should do, say, or be something, one doesn't feel it's really their choice. Some I am sure would say that people have too many choices already, and that's why 'things' are so disheveled. Of course I don't follow that train of thought. Do sometimes think 'it' would be easier if someone else made "the hard choice" for me, but then I would feel diminished, or belittled, as though I'm not worthy of making such decisions. The problem when making some decisions, is that you are not the only one affected. And the more people you don't personally feel are cleared for the 'need to know' information, the more self-serving your choice is going to be, the more people are either going to be mad at you, ignore you, or strongly dislike you for making the decision you did. For some reason the saying, "You cannot love others until you love yourself" comes to mind. One could deduce that that means "serve yourself well first, worry about the rest later". And that kind of makes sense, although in today's society (as I understand it) that is a bad thing. Some have said that it's the "me" generation who's to blame for the mess the world is in right now. Not enough people thinking about others, whether first or even at all. Now the thought, "You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time". Now where am I going with this? I guess I'm procrastinating making a statement I feel is deep enough to say. Which I haven't, just so you know. They don't call me "Ramble" man for nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"And the more people you don't personally feel are cleared for the 'need to know' information, the more self-serving your choice is going to be, the more people are either going to be mad at you, ignore you, or strongly dislike you for making the decision you did."

That's why I don't specifically say a lot on lists. I shared some thoughts with you privately. I don't think it's the "me" generation that is the cause of all the ills. It's the "thing" generation ("things" are more important than anything else) that has changed society the most.

In reality, by choosing words carefully, you prevent many from truly knowing you (or at least that 's the case with me). The two groups I own/moderate will never know the true me or members will leave and my lists will fizzle away. I am there to keep the peace, not create battles. I have one private group of people that I have just about said everything I can and they haven't booted me out yet.

Sometimes, it gets to the point where you have to make a stand. If what you want to say is important to you, then say it. If those who you think will ignore you or get mad do, then they weren't true friends. True friends accept you in all your glory or they aren't friends at all.