Friday, July 6

Pool is fixed! More mowing

This is our pool!

Remember me telling you that the reason our pump wouldn't work was because the switch had quit working (I thought it was the pump that went bad)? I felt so silly after my friend discovered that, because it never even occurred to me to check the switch because it was brand-new last year. Thought it would last longer. Guessed wrong! Still don't have a switch, but the pool-motor is the only thing hooked to the breaker-box, so we just bypassed the switch at the pool, for now, and turn the pump on via the breaker). Well, today we went to 3 different hardware stores (MFA, Sutherland's, and Lowes) looking for thin plastic washers to go on the filter control unit and found nothing. Finally, we decided to go to an actual pool & pool supplies store. Guess what? Yep, they had 2 washers that could be used to replace the broken ones. Back to feeling silly. While in there talking to him I mentioned that water just gushed out the top. He told me that those washers won't keep the water from getting out, there's an o-ring inside the control unit that does that, and he showed it to me (we took the whole unit in). Sure enough, the o-ring had come loose and was no longer sealing the water off from the lever (switches filter to different settings). Came home and installed it on the filter and VOILA!, it WORKS. Our pool is now running! So now we (probably me) just need to vacuum the bottom and add 3 gallons of vinegar & 2 gallons of bleach (chlorine), and we'll have a pool that you can see the bottom of (as opposed to seeing algae-green). Now the kids will have their summer pool back. They're very excited and can hardly wait till it is clean. I'm feeling the same, although I'm not looking forward to vacuuming it. But it's gotta be done, huh?

Just like I said we would, we got gas for the mower yesterday that I used to mow a little of the back and a little of the front yard. Supper was called, so I'll need to finish it, or at least get more done, after it cools off this afternoon.

Technorati : , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Tom Degan said...

Cool blog, Rambleman!
I just had to tell you that....
All the best,
Tom Degan
Goshen, NY