Tuesday, November 11

Fire, log cutting, chain sharpening, book writing, caulk laying

Got a fire going, so I should be able to spend a little time writing without interruption. Course knowing me I will probably feel the need to get up and check on the fire every few minutes to make sure there's still a flame. You'd think knowing that about myself would have me working on not doing that. What can I say? I'm who I'm. That doesn't even look right, but I hope you know what I meant about being who I Yam. Yes, I did stand up and make sure there were flames in the wood stove window. Then I noticed that the paragraph above wasn't justified, so I went on up the document and formatted each paragraph I could find that needed justification. I feel better, but I'm still going to have to make sure they're all like that before it's all said and done.

Yesterday I went out to try and cut some logs from the half tree I felled a couple of days ago. But before I could I needed to sharpen the chain on the saw. Unfortunately it is beyond a simple touch-up sharpening and needs a professional one. I know this because I tried to hand sharpening it three times to no avail. There might be an already pro sharpened chain that I haven't used yet hanging in the shed. If there is then of course I'll be able to get some cutting done today. If not then the next time we're near an MFA machine shop we'll drop off a chain or two for sharpening. It's windy right now, so I won't even be going out anytime soon. Besides, I need to eat breakfast, finish my coffee, and complete the waking up process. Just remembered that I also need to work on editing my book for an hour before I head out as well.

Decided that if I'm ever going to finish it I'm going to have to work on it on a regular basis. I've decided to set a timer and stay on the book for an hour without doing anything else, every day.

Finished caulking the bathroom last night after I saw a spider who had just come out from under the baseboard just inside the door. Of course I did that wall first then moved the towel rack and did along the window wall. Now the only place they can get in is from underneath the bath tub, which I'm considering spraying foam under the step to seal. Then the only place will be from the kitchen under the door into the bathroom. Still need to do the cove with the washing machine and dishwasher, along the floor of course. Then the kitchen will also be completely caulked. Oh wait, I still need to do behind the cabinet top from the left side of the sink around to just under the light switch on the other side of the stove. But then it'll be done. Actually, I still need to put tape under the cabinet above the floor board under the cabinets that the spout on the caulking tube was too short to reach. I'm thinking I will just use some clear packing tape or duct tape, unless there are tubes with longer spouts that the caulk comes out of available. Have never even thought to look, but definitely will the next time we're at a store with the stuff. Now that it's mentioned I guess I'll check on-line and see what there is. Duh! I'd just like to say that I'm feeling good about all the caulking I've done, makes me feel like I've been useful and accomplishing something important for the family.

No comments: