Friday, November 21

Window's High Priority Updates

notinstalling.jpg

For the last week (approximately) I have been unable to install 3 Windows 'High Priority' Updates for the Microsoft Office 2003 and Office 2003 programs (KB951535, KB953404 nor KB954478). I have a feeling that perhaps it's because I deleted the temporary installation files from the Microsoft FrontPage 2003 installation before checking for updates. Did that because I didn't think I would need any so-called High Priority updates (Microsoft), although in the Disk Cleanup window said not to because that could affect updates. I have tried doing an install repair for MO 2003. That didn't change anything. I think I also did a complete reinstall, but I did that without uninstalling the first installation. I guess I'll try that next. The thing is though that I'm not even sure how big of a security risk I'll be in should I not be able to ever install those updates. Thinking it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but who knows? Pretty sure it wouldn't hurt to have them installed. I have enough free space to keep them in. It's just that I'm kind of getting tired of screwing around with the whole program/update issue. Thinking, "I've got things I should probably be doing besides that like cutting wood, splitting wood, burning trash, and running the dishwasher."

P.S. Yes, I have searched Google and the Microsoft Window's sites without figuring it out.

No comments: