Thursday, January 1

Happy New Year, People of the worlds!

Me, not a bad guy, honest. Don't know if you noticed, but I changed my profile picture on Blogger and Gather . I did it because the peace sign had worn out it's newness for me. It was time for change. Change is the reason I haven't blogged since Yule. Decided that the 'new' me wasn't going to write anything that tended to be negative. I'm trying to focus on the positive changes that are happening. One of those happenings is my life-attitude toward the positive, which means instead of complaining about "nothing ever happening", I started doing things that stopped that kind of thinking. Hence why I've started a daily 'to do' list if you will. That includes walking, working out, playing (pool of whatever), reading, writing, and editing my book. The thing is... I set and take a timer that counts from 15 minutes to 0 and beeps, when I start doing. At the beep, or after I've rested and/or taken a break, I do one of the other aforementioned 'activities'. I've even made a list of those things that I consider a MUST. All of this began a few weeks ago when I just got overwhelmed. But last week I got a kick in the butt (mental head-butt?) which snapped my ass out of my funk. In short, rather than focusing on what I wasn't doing or getting done, I started doing and getting things done. Also took notice of how my mood/attitude was affecting those around me, and although they won't easily admit it, I was getting annoying and probably harshing their mellows. Doing better now. Despite my 'look' in the picture, I'm N0T that guy who mailed things that hurt other people through the post office. LOL.

6 comments:

lovelife said...

Good luck with the new list. Hope it works. I need to try that out.

Todd said...

Thanks. So far, so good.

Lee said...

Hey Todd! I finally found the world of blogging! I did the thing that lets me follow your blog so it will be easier to read (as long as I use K's computer. My old one has dial up and doesn't stay connected long enough to read!)

Todd said...

Wow, Lee, congrats on the new blog and welcome to the blogosphere :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Todd and other Milligans. I think you are on to some thing good :) You are looking good in ze photo, too! No unibomber or such at all :-) Methinks with this list and some follow-thru that you cannot lose, CousinishToni

Todd said...

Thanks, Cuz! Wishing you and yours all the happiness you can stand!