Wednesday, January 7

Cat pictures and results of issues

Twitch Twitch again Latte in a mirror

Numbers 1 & two and three & 4 are Twitch in the first pair, Latte in the second. And yes I tried to 'fix' the red-eye without much success. LOL. The last one is a different cat then the previous 2, hence why his name is on the left side of his picture that is easier to read once it's enlarged be clicking on it. *toothy grin* I did not take all of these. A couple were shot by my DD.

The results alluded to in the title are of the electric bill since we've pretty much gone to electric heat since November. That being said, they are that our bill didn't go up much at all and we'll be able to afford next months bill as well. Was a little worried (but not much actually) about getting "sticker shocked" because we thought the newest heater would use a lot more electricity than the wood-stove fan and the smaller thermostatted ones in 4 other rooms, but we are glad we weren't shocked. Rain said that it, it being the tension level, has been relaxing not having to worry about needing to start a fire first thing in the morning just to warm up, cause the house stays pretty close to 70*F except on *really* cold outdoor temp days. Sometimes I create run-on sentences just because

Other result: Window's Critical Update problem solved. After many emails and a few hours of phone conversations, the updates I couldn't get to install were not updates my FrontPage 2003 Office program needed anyway. They were for programs that I didn't even have installed on my computer (and still don't). WOW! Seriously? How many engineers does it usually take to figure something like that out? LOL. I am happy that Microsoft took a costumer's (mine) question seriously even though it turned-out the way it did. They called me twice to try and solve the issue via computer melding (desktop sharing), and then one more time a week later to make sure everything was still running okay since the update case was closed. How sweet! *smile*

3 comments:

Lee said...

I'm glad electric heat has been so affordable for you all. Up here it sure isn't!

Love the cat pics too!

Anonymous said...

That's great your utilities did not go up by much. It does make a difference when you don't wake up like you are already late.

Todd said...

"you don't wake up like you are already late."

Ooh, I like that. Perfect description!