Saturday, September 18

Biting bugs & a turtle

I made it ALMOST 10 years, but I have officially been attacked by chiggers. I know they're chigger bites because after applying nail polish, or you can use spray-on liquid band-aid solution and in doing either of these the itching stopped. Plus I've also taken Generic Benedryl to help stop the itching. Ya never know, I probably have a seed tick bite or three. Got these a couple of days ago when I was out pruning trees to make getting the riding mower under them when mowing. I was in socks and shoes, but should've been in "muck boots" (also known as rubber farm boots) that go almost to my knee. I've also got a few on my back, behind both knees, on my "bikini lines", my stomach, butt & chest. I'm pretty sure a few of the bites are also from biting flies. Heavy sigh

Clicking on any one of the below pictures will cause it to enlarge to 640 x 480.
-

This is my right ankle/shin

Right shin area with chigger bites

-

This is my left

left leg shin chigger bites

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then yesterday I was outside peeing off the front of the porch when I saw one of our cats looking at a snapping turtle about 10 feet from the house. This is the first time we've seen one on dry ground so close to the house.

-

snapping turtle picture #1

-

snapping turtle picture #2

-

snapping turtle picture #3

-

snapping turtle picture #4

-

snapping turtle picture #5

-

http://ramblemans.blogspot.com

-

No comments: