Wednesday, September 15

Decision made, or re-thought

About a week and a half ago I decided that since I had a change of attitude in the way I thought about life (no more paranoia/anger about politics, a lot less complaining), that I could lower my daily dose of generic Prozac (fluoxitine). For the last few days I've noticed changes in myself that I did/do not like. For one, I did something a couple of days that I hadn't done in a couple of years... I commented on a political post. Been diligently avoiding doing that because anything politically related just pushes my buttons. And I knew/know this! I've also noticed that my mood has been more 'down', though not depressed, just caring less about 'things', even myself. Also been a little less jovial and more easily frustrated by people who say and/or do things (or don't do what they say) that hadn't been bothering me for a long time. *sigh* So today I decided that I'm going to start taking the amount I was prescribed a few years ago. Like I said, I didn't pull a "Hyde" on my Jekyll, just feeling 'off'. Yet another thing I've been noticing that may or may not have anything to do with the reduced milligrams, but I've been getting dizzy quicker whenever I do anything even a little more labor intensive than usual. Really noticed it walking around at the Japanese Festival a few days ago. It could've been just that I walked for longer periods of time than normal though. *shrug* Then today I pruned trees in the yard so that I will be less likely to get whacked in the head when I ride the mower under the branches. While transporting the cut-down branches with the wheel-barrow over to the brush pile, I got so dizzy that I had to let go of the wheel-barrow before I fell to the ground. Not like collapsing, just had to get off my feet quickly to clear my head and vision. FYI - it's only about 50 feet from the tree to the brush pile. Taking the wheel-barrow back to the shed (75 feet), I had to stop 3 or 4 times to get 'clear' again before getting to the shed, and then rest for 30 minutes after getting back into the house. Plus I could only go about 5 feet while holding the handles up on the wheel-barrow before my back cramped and I started having even more trouble walking (usual is looking like I'm tippsy to those who don't know I have MS), plus a slight limp that doesn't help with that perception. Dizziness, back pain, and limping is NOT a good concoction!

-

In other news, I did get a few short videos while at the festival, but since our upload speed is only around 263 kbps, it takes hours to upload even a 3-4 minute video to YouTube. I've got one video to upload that's around 3 minutes long, and 3 more that are under a minute. I'm just procrastinating because when one computer is uploading, it slows everyone else's (3 family members) connection speed down. I don't know why, since I'm uploading and surfing the net is all about download speed. *shrug* But there ya go. If I've got a long (over 3 minute) video to upload, I wait until bed time after everyone is off of their computers/the Internet.

-

If you'd like to see some pictures of the festival, go to this page (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=app_2915120374#!/album.php?aid=2061622&id=1114454619) on Facebook.

-

http://ramblemans.blogspot.com

No comments: