Tuesday, February 17

Cold-Neuro-Talking

    I am cold. Or maybe I should amend that to say, "I *feel* like I am cold although it is pretty damn close to 70 degrees Fahrenheit in this room (living room), I have on a hoody, I am wearing fingerless mittens, long pants (jeans), calf high socks, and my shoes." Need I mention that I am also drinking hot coffee? Probably not, huh? I just did though. :-D

    Anyway, I'm struggling for things to say. I have an appointment scheduled with my neurologist for tomorrow. Oh, it's not for anything that's wrong. It's so he can see how the medications that I'm on are working. That's one reason. Another is that I need a refill prescription for a medication that requires, by federal law that he sees me in person first. He doesn't know that I need the refill yet. I will talk to him about it when I see him. Also, there's a drug named "Ampyra", also known as "The walking drug' that I have asked to try again, to see if I give it more than 30 days if it will help me walk better than it did when I tried it about 5-6 years ago for only 30 days, that he is trying to get a free 60 day trial of through the manufacturer. I want to talk to him about that because according to the book of drugs that my prescription D drug company will cover, that's one of them. I also want to talk to him about a drug I feel isn't doing a damn thing, so the discussion of discontinuing it for a while is on my mind as well. As I write all of this down, the thought of "why?" the sharing of medical information is being broadcast to the WWW has crossed my mind.

That brings me to the question that my son asked me last week, after I asked him a question about a question that someone asked me. See, we were at a place in the town we live in when a person who seemed to know all the about this town asked me a question. I had never met this person before, but because he seemed to know so much about the town, I got the impression that he lived here. That was after he asked me, "What do people do around this small town?" I told him that there isn't a whole lot TO do, except go to the YMCA or out to eat. Then he said (paraphrasing), "People must like it here of they are 'just waiting to die'." OK, given that at the time I thought by previous knowledge of the town that he lived either in or close by, I said to my son, "If he knows so much about the place, why is he asking me what there is to do?" To which my son asked, "Why does anyone ask people questions?" I responded by saying, "I guess that people just feel the need to talk to other people." I read a quote that said, "Words are meant to be shared." a couple of weeks ago, and I've thought about how true that is (most of the time).

No comments: